Quantcast

Liquid Bikes - new website!

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track

http://www.liquid-bikes.com

So we've finally got the new website up and running. It features the Liquid Dirt blog, a product page, a media page, and a fully functional store!

Thanks again to everyone on RM for your support and help with this project. And thanks a ton to those of you that have purchased a frame and/or bars... I hope you're loving them!

For those of you not familiar with Liquid or how this thing started. Check out these threads for some history. Liquid Bikes was basically started as an idea here on Ridemonkey. It was an answer to the question "what bmx cruiser frame should I get for dirt/street/park?" At the time, there weren't many quality options available. There are few more options these days, but not many... and we still think ours is the best! Haha. :D

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208908

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217705

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226495

Here are a few of the quality Liquid builds that are out there....

Check out the new site and let us know what you think! :cheers:

Last edited:

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
april fools? j/k site looks great with the blog integrated. can finally right click photos.

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
looks good cru! might have to pick up a set of those bars!
28" wide?

Last edited:

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
New site looks real good. Great job on the frame and bars - you can tell a lot of thought and work was put into the designs.

I love the build with the Mac2s and chromy rims.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin

* 8.25" Terrible One Paul Buchannan bars
* Profile raw 180mm
* KHE half link chain
* We The People/SALT other parts

Last edited:

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
nice cmc. got the wtp and used it for parts
yeah, i picked up a sunday fork from empire yesterday though. so now the WTP parts are just the gold stuff--wheels, sprocket, and stem. eclat seat.

dug in my closet and found my old TREND pegs from the late 90s and hit some street. it truly rides like a big bmx, set up like this.

i should have had this bike 15 years ago !!

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
the store button isn;t working. i want to see how much i need to save up to buy one. hooray high school student and minimum wage!
It doesn't work? Can I ask what browser you are using? It works fine for me. Is it working for the rest of you guys?

$309 for the frame or $340 for frame & bars BTW

DreadMonday

Chimp
Apr 13, 2010
PA
My Liquid Feedback

Liquid Feedback frame, 22.25"
Giant Method 24 forks (painted)
Primo Hollowbite Cranks w/ Ti Spindle
Mosh 25t sprocket
Shadow Chain
Animal Plastic Hamilton pedals
Alienation Black Sheep rims
Odyssey Vandero rront hub
Odyssey Hazard V3 rear hub, 10t
Odyssey Path tires 24 X 2.1
Giant seatclamp
Premium seatpost
Giant seat
FSA Impact headset
Mosh woodgrain stem
Sunday! 24umph bars
Animal Edwin grips
Odyssey lever
Kink linear cable
Fly brake

Got a Giant Method 24, that's where some of the parts have migrated from. This bike compared to that is like night and day. The Giant was okay, but getting the front end off the ground was a chore. The size was good for me, and compares very well to the Liquid 22.25". However, the design of the Liquid feels so much better and easier to hop. Definitely feels 20"ish. I've spent about a half an hour on it so far and I love it. Can't wait to get to Ray's!

Attachments

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Looks so nice Sean! I'm glad you're liking it.

Haha... I was waiting for somebody to do the black sticker on the black frame... that's smooth.

i thought i did pretty good for not riding there for easily over a year. hell, i had barely even ridden my bike in that time. i grew up racing bmx in the 80's and learned to jump tucked and stay low at the track and still jump that way today. i'm not much of a booster like the kids today, but i do alright...

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Yeah, I'm the same way - too many years of gate starts and speed jumping in the 80's. I have so many pics from bitd with my elbows almost touching my knees and my wrists all bent tucking it up.

I remember following this dude Gane at our old trails when I got into dj's again back in the late 90's. I was a few bike lengths behind starting out but by the 2nd set I almost hit him in the air.

I try to pull up and boost these days but it just doesn't work. No wonder I can't ride spines for sh!t.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Bumpage!

We're still chuggin' along. I just built up a new one the other day. One thing I have noticed is how big of a difference tire weight makes in how the bike feels. I went from super light tires (Schwalbe Table Tops) to pretty damn heavy tires (Odyssey Aitkens). To me, light tires make the bike feel more like a 20" bmx... and heavy tires make the bike feel more like a 26" dirt jumper. So, it's all in preference... moto-whips are def a lot a fun with the heavier tires.

Also, I don't think I ever posted this video here. Little bit of Liquid action at our trails...

Peace! :thumb: