Quantcast

Liquid Bikes - new website!

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
yeah, i picked up a sunday fork from empire yesterday though. so now the WTP parts are just the gold stuff--wheels, sprocket, and stem. eclat seat.

Hey CMC, I currently have a stock 2010 WTP Avenue 24. So we roughly have some of the same components. Have you ever had any trouble with your front hub? For the life of me I can't seem to tighten the cones on mine, and i've taken it apart several times. So it currently has a little side to side wobble, not major but enough to notice.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
yeah, i picked up a sunday fork from empire yesterday though. so now the WTP parts are just the gold stuff--wheels, sprocket, and stem. eclat seat.

Hey CMC, I currently have a stock 2010 WTP Avenue 24. So we roughly have some of the same components. Have you ever had any trouble with your front hub? For the life of me I can't seem to tighten the cones on mine, and i've taken it apart several times. So it currently has a little side to side wobble, not major but enough to notice.
yeah the wheels look cool and are light, but i don't care for the hubs because they're unsealed bearings, and you have to do the whole counter-tightening thing to try to get the cones to stay in the right place. hold the cone with the cone wrench and a regular wrench on the locknut. then tighten the locknut against it so they're being smushed together. this kind of freezes the cone in place on the axle. you have to smash 'em pretty hard against each other to stop the cones from loosening up regularly when you take your wheels off.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Must be the new 22" wheeled Liquid.
Ha! Not quite. Although... I would say something like that isn't out of the realm of possibility at some point.

It is actually a prototype for the next generation Liquid Feedback 24" frame from a new supplier. We will have more details soon!

Here is a better shot...

photo(4).JPG

And another...

Proto-scale.jpg

Last edited:

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
Ha! Not quite. Although... I would say something like that isn't out of the realm of possibility at some point.

It is actually a prototype for the next generation Liquid Feedback 24" frame from a new supplier. We will have more details soon!

Here is a better shot...
Rad ! There are a couple of guys in Austin who have been looking for one, and asking if I'd sell mine. I always think maaaaayb----NO. Sorry ! Too rad of a bike to sell.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin

The chainstay shape looks a little different ?