Quantcast

Liquid Image HD video goggle

MM_Freak

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Western Mass.
So I got my hands on a set of the new Liquid Image Impact 720p HD video goggles last week and really didn't want to wait for the snow to melt before testing them. So my father and I built a ski bike out of an old K2 HT300 frame and heres the first video I got with it. Sorry about the angle but there wasn't much snow covering the dirt road so I was trying to spot rocks. I'll get a better video once the snowmobiles have packed the snow on my DH trail in the woods for me. From what little use I've got with them so far I really like them. Easy to use and they function great as a goggle. I'll post more updates/video once I get more time with them. I think these hit the stores in mid march.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
not a bad image. interested to see how the 1080p model handles the changes in dark-light scenes and how it handles fast movement

Last edited:

MM_Freak

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Western Mass.
Same here. Once I get a chance to get in the woods and test out how it handles the changing in light i'll let ya know. I might just take my boss' snowmobile for a rip through the woods with the goggles on.

NWS

Chimp
Sep 19, 2010
Is there any way to aim it within the goggle frame? Seems like it's pointed downward quite a bit - watching the video I have to resist the temptation to look upward to see where you're going.

I'm sure you could compensate by tilting your head back and looking down, but that would get old fast.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Is there any way to aim it within the goggle frame? Seems like it's pointed downward quite a bit - watching the video I have to resist the temptation to look upward to see where you're going.

I'm sure you could compensate by tilting your head back and looking down, but that would get old fast.
maybe he's not looking ahead far enough :D

MM_Freak

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Western Mass.

No the camera is fixed in the goggle. Like I said before I was looking down too much trying to spot rocks in the dirt road (dirt+rocks+skis= bad times). It was prime riding/skiing before the snow plow came through.

NWS

Chimp
Sep 19, 2010
My bad, I missed the "sorry about the angle" part.

I look forward to some better samples. :)

$250 seems pretty fair, there's a good chance I'll get one myself.