Quantcast

liquid nitrogen...ya serve me up a double

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I call BS....... It flashes WAY to fast to ever get that far. even if it did, its not going to blow your stomach up, your esophagus will not hold enough pressure to blow your stomach up anyways... You will just puke.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I'm with DM on this one. BS. She had some other issue. You would be able to use it to chill something and it would evaporate before you could even get it down.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
After reading again...maybe. Sounds like it was Jager chilled with LN, which means she would have just chugged it....

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
I use LN2 almost daily at the shop.... I can tell you that by the time you drank that.... Its already flashed. We flash it to fill tires, I use it still in liquid form when pressing bearings.... also when cleaning stuff out of carpets.... It flashs amazingly fast....

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I think the problem here is the volume of ln2 and the rate at which she consumed it. if she put it all down in one gulp, then yeah, problem. sipping it would give it time to sublime before it even came in contact.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Agreed. I thought it was a martini, since that's what I've seen before, but looks like it was a shot. I'm assuming it would fizzle for at least a bit, like dry ice, and the expansion rate is huge.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Agreed. I thought it was a martini, since that's what I've seen before, but looks like it was a shot. I'm assuming it would fizzle for at least a bit, like dry ice, and the expansion rate is huge.
It still does not matter..... Even if it was a full shot of LN2, your stomach cannot physically hold enough pressure to rupture...... Frostbite, maybe... rupture... not going to happen..... Your esophagus will not hold the pressure to do so... Your going to involuntarily vomit long before you would damage your stomach.

More likely in this case, she has an already damaged stomach, probably from binge drinking, and it went from there...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It still does not matter..... Even if it was a full shot of LN2, your stomach cannot physically hold enough pressure to rupture...... Frostbite, maybe... rupture... not going to happen..... Your esophagus will not hold the pressure to do so... Your going to involuntarily vomit long before you would damage your stomach.

More likely in this case, she has an already damaged stomach, probably from binge drinking, and it went from there...
tapeworms

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
WTF............... this thread is like watching Bill Nye and Alton Brown arguing....

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
They should serve this with two Naga Bhut Jolokia peppers. Squeeze one pepper into each eye and then down the drink. Maybe pay a decent college linebacker to tackle you as you set the glass down.

I feel like they could go so much farther with this idea.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Solids sublime. Liquids evaporate.
Ladies and gentlemen, what we have here is a fine example of the "geek effect" that one can clearly denote as a distinction over the average emptybeer folk. Either that, or JBP decided to name them such when earth first formed.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
The only logical solution is for DM to buy a bottle of Jager and experiment. If he stops posting, we can just draw our own conclusions.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
The only logical solution is for DM to buy a bottle of Jager and experiment. If he stops posting, we can just draw our own conclusions.
Been using the LN2 for drinks and food for the last three or four years...... Its an absolutely awesome way to make table-side ice cream in about a minute, sealing liqueur filled chocolate snacks, or for cakes you make strawberry dust...

DORO

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Been using the LN2 for drinks and food for the last three or four years...... Its an absolutely awesome way to make table-side ice cream in about a minute, sealing liqueur filled chocolate snacks, or for cakes you make strawberry dust...
wow your just an every day Martha Steward with this $h!t.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
I cannot find the video, but for the strawberry dust you put strawberries and LN2 in a blender.... the end result is very finely chopped and frozen strawberries. Dust over the top of whatever confection you are using it with before it thaws out... Makes for awesome color and flavor