Quantcast

Liquor and illness...

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I think that if you overdo the drinking it can definately impact your immune system. But then again so can working to hard, and not getting anough rest.

Basically, work as litte as possible, rest as much as possible and you should have no problems with binge drinking. ;)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I don't think it specifically relates to the alcohol, but there are a lot of things that come along with binge drinking that can cause illness.. Namely, lack of sleep/weird sleeping habits, lack of proper foods/eating habits, and being around/in close contact with a lot of random people.

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
golgiaparatus said:
How related do you think the 2 are? It seems to me that every time I get sick (flu, cold, etc) it follows a weekend of drinking. Anyone else find this to be true?
Liquor is a 2-way street (at least). I firmly believe it can help kill some bugs, but it for sure messes w/your immune system too.

Be sure to consider all factors: when you get blitzed are you also toking more? Drinking/toking after sick people? Gettin' funky w/people who may have cooties? It can be hard to keep up w/all the different ways to get sick :(

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
when i got home from marti gras, i got sick as a dog for about a week. the illness followed 4 days of drinking and about 15 hours of sleep total. for me, it was just not taking care of myself. just so happened that the reason i wasnt taking care of myself is becauuse i was drunk. i have to agree with bianary though. its really what you do when you drink.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Whenever I get really sick I just drink liquor until I pass out. I figure alcahol is an atiseptic. If I drink enough to nearly kill myself it should kill anything making me sick, seeing as though I have built up a tolerance and the little bugs haven't.;)

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Perhaps, but it depends upon the illness:

Is contracting Ebola Zaire related to liquor consumption? Perhaps if you were drunk when they were divying up Peace Corp assignments...

Is contracting Herpes related to liquor consumption? Perhaps if you were drunk when deciding whether or not to bareback dat ho...

Is contracting Cancer related to liquor consumption? Perhaps if you were one of those folks that just had to suck on the nic-o-dick every time you got your buzz on...

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
Westy said:
Whenever I get really sick I just drink liquor until I pass out. I figure alcahol is an atiseptic. If I drink enough to nearly kill myself it should kill anything making me sick, seeing as though I have built up a tolerance and the little bugs haven't.;)
Charles Bukowski wrote about a friend of his who killed a nasty parasite this way - he refused to eat, claiming that the alcohol would kill whatever was living inside him -or kill him, at that point it was a win / win situation apparently.

J

JRB

I ate a cough drop earlier because I had a sore throat. Now I feel stuffy. This happens every time with Halls. I don't get it.