Quantcast

Lisbon Downtown 2004 results and photos.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
4,109
0
Toronto, Canada
<i>Lisbon Downtown 2004 photos and results courtesy of Oscar Domingues (Press Office Manager), Gesport Comunicação</i>

This would be a great event to see in person. I'll post some more info later.

Men
1. Steave Peat (GBR), 1m35s962
2. Mick Hannah (AUS), 1m36s900
3. Cedric Gracia (FRA), 1m38s031
4. David Vasquez (ESP, 1m38s382
5. Samuel Hill (AUS), 1m39s823

Women
1. Anne-Caroline Chausson (FRA), 1m47s103
2. Anneke Beerten (HOL), 1m51s861
3. Helen Gaskell (GBR), 1m53s536
4. Marielle Saner (SUI), 1m54s222
5. Sabrina Jonnier (FRA), 1m54s791


<img src="/media/lisbon/AnneCaro2.jpg"><br>
<img src="/media/lisbon/Anneke4.jpg"><br>
<img src="/media/lisbon/BicicletaHonda.jpg"><br>
<img src="/media/lisbon/Carlitos.jpg"><br>
<img src="/media/lisbon/Gaskell2.jpg"><br>
<img src="/media/lisbon/Gracia5.jpg"><br>
<img src="/media/lisbon/Hannah1.jpg"><br>
<img src="/media/lisbon/image001.jpg"><br>
<img src="/media/lisbon/Minaar3.jpg"><br>
<img src="/media/lisbon/Peat6.jpg"><br>
<img src="/media/lisbon/PilotoRedBull2.jpg"><br>
<img src="/media/lisbon/PodioHomens.jpg"><br>
<img src="/media/lisbon/PodioSenhoras.jpg"><br>
 

Attachments

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
644
0
SLC, UT
All I got to say is:

1-Look at AC tires on the first pic!!!!

and

2-Hannah: no knee pads + stairs and pavement = scary!

3-oh and notice how so many of these guys are away from there brakes??

4-And are AC's brakes opposite of normal?

5-and what's up with the deemax on the honda: 32 spokes? Is that a new model?

cool :D
 
Apr 29, 2004
126
0
culpeper VA
now that is the future of racing, and cycling. Corporate america will develop all the land, and we will be forced to race down stairs. cyclocross racers will have elevators as obstacles. And honda, chevy, and buick will all have bicycles available. Oh wait that europe already, accept that colnago teamed up with ferrari!
 

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
1,161
0
Apt. 421
Sweet pics! I didn't even know when that event was going down. I think I may have read somewhere that Anne Caro rode with her levers opposite because she was used to motocross bikes.
 

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
Originally posted by squirrelonabike
now that is the future of racing, and cycling. Corporate america will develop all the land, and we will be forced to race down stairs. cyclocross racers will have elevators as obstacles. And honda, chevy, and buick will all have bicycles available. Oh wait that europe already, accept that colnago teamed up with ferrari!
And the Liability Fairy will make all the property owners happy to host! :rolleyes: ;)
 

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
26,115
1,743
Originally posted by Tbx
DAmn, nice pictures!!!
Who took them???

Grtz
Tbx
ditto. those photos are super hot.

ah, i see: "Lisbon Downtown 2004 photos and results courtesy of Oscar Domingues (Press Office Manager), Gesport Comunica��o"
 

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
353
0
Originally posted by Mani_UT
All I got to say is:


2-Hannah: no knee pads + stairs and pavement = scary!

I talked with him at Schweitzer last year about that... he said that down in Australia, they dont' wear any pads when they ride, and they ride stuff way nastier than most of us are used to, so, he's comfortable and confident riding without.

i rode without elbow pads last year, but that's as close as i'll probably get to going without anything. :)

but yeah... still scary.
 

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
4,027
0
Miami, FL
Originally posted by DHRacer
I talked with him at Schweitzer last year about that... he said that down in Australia, they dont' wear any pads when they ride, and they ride stuff way nastier than most of us are used to, so, he's comfortable and confident riding without.

i rode without elbow pads last year, but that's as close as i'll probably get to going without anything. :)

but yeah... still scary.
But without pads on where will they put all those sponors stickers?
 

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
246
0
Seattle, WA
Originally posted by KleinMp99
I really really hate that honda bike....I dont see how anybody would want to ride it.:dead:
What are you talking about, I can hardly wait to get rid of these pesky derailers - and Showa shocks :drool:
 

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
246
0
Seattle, WA
Originally posted by stanky_dlx
Just wondering how come no one is running Maxxis Hookworms? Seems like the perfect race for them.
To me at least it seems that a slick tire like the hook worm would grab the steps as well. I think that they hook worm is good for street park riding but thats just my 2 cents.
 

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
288
0
Oslo, Norway
And aren't hookworms insanely heavy (+1300grams?). The specialized rider seems to be riding on Specialized Enduro Pro 2.2" tires at approx 600grams.
 

Robin

Chimp
Nov 7, 2003
18
0
Originally posted by Mani_UT
4-And are AC's brakes opposite of normal?
Left hand rear is the normal in the UK, all new bikes come that way. I think Europe may be the same, in which case no, AC's brakes are normal, it's just everyone in America that runs them the other way :D (That said Gracia has his the other way...)

See also the photos of Anneke, Helen Gaskel and Peaty, all left hand rear brake.
 

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
644
0
SLC, UT
Originally posted by Robin
Left hand rear is the normal in the UK, all new bikes come that way. I think Europe may be the same, in which case no, AC's brakes are normal, it's just everyone in America that runs them the other way :D (That said Gracia has his the other way...)
Huh I'm French and I am pretty sure we ride bike with brakes the opposites of the brits.. of course ;)
 

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
3,791
1
Claremont, CA
Originally posted by Trond
And aren't hookworms insanely heavy (+1300grams?). The specialized rider seems to be riding on Specialized Enduro Pro 2.2" tires at approx 600grams.
I don't know if they are that heavy but they are certainly no lightweights. Also, they are pretty wide, which might be bad. From the video I've seen of the course, there are not many high speed parts and several low speed sharp corners where weight reduction in the wheels is key. Best tires would be bigger XC/light DH tires.
 

Robin

Chimp
Nov 7, 2003
18
0
Originally posted by Mani_UT
Huh I'm French and I am pretty sure we ride bike with brakes the opposites of the brits.. of course ;)
Ah well, then it's everyone that's got them backwards, apart from us ;)

It makes sense even from a non-moto-x background, the front brake produces far more power and can stand to be pulled much harder so it makes sense to have it under your stronger hand (for most people).
 

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
644
0
SLC, UT
Originally posted by Robin
It makes sense even from a non-moto-x background, the front brake produces far more power and can stand to be pulled much harder so it makes sense to have it under your stronger hand (for most people). [/B]
Non non non You got it all wrong.
The left hand for the front brake and le rigth (stronger) hand to carry your baguette and bottle of wine :D
 

stanky_dlx

Chimp
Dec 16, 2003
50
0
Hotlanta
Originally posted by Trond
And aren't hookworms insanely heavy (+1300grams?). The specialized rider seems to be riding on Specialized Enduro Pro 2.2" tires at approx 600grams.

The newer single ply are ~1100 grams. The pair I just picked up roll WAY faster than my 2.35 Mobsters on concrete.

I dunno but I can't see a 600 gram tire taking the hard sharp edged hits unless you run an insane PSI to prevent pinch flats.
 
May 13, 2004
4
0
This is how we run our brakes in the UK - front on the right, rear on the left. I tried swapping them around but couldn't get the hang of it - I think it's almost genetic!!
 
Jan 25, 2003
65
0
los altos, ca
Originally posted by Fatboyslimfast
This is how we run our brakes in the UK - front on the right, rear on the left. I tried swapping them around but couldn't get the hang of it - I think it's almost genetic!!
genetic, no. conditioned, yes.
 

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
2,639
0
The 909
Originally posted by stanky_dlx
The newer single ply are ~1100 grams. The pair I just picked up roll WAY faster than my 2.35 Mobsters on concrete.

I dunno but I can't see a 600 gram tire taking the hard sharp edged hits unless you run an insane PSI to prevent pinch flats.

unless they're running tubless
 

dankk

Chimp
May 9, 2004
5
0
vt
cool event,not sure i'd be too concerned about shaving weight off my tires for jumping stairs and such! :confused: did they really have to chug a king can of fosters before leaving the start :nuts: