Quantcast

Liscence help

Jan 25, 2005
in richmond
I am going to be starting my first season of real racing this year and want to do all sorts of events (have already done some cx this year) road and XC. the road races will mostly be a weekly training crit here in town and several big crits in the district but i don't want to focus on road cuz trails are too much fun and more my style....anyway i am going to get my uscf liscence because of the number of crits will make it worth it, but my question is do you HAVE to get a NORBA liscence too to race XC or are these transferable? i am trying NOT to spend 120 bucks (or ever how much for both) just on liscences. any suggestions or answers?

MTBCoach

Chimp
Jan 19, 2005
You do have to have a NORBA license as well. I think you can add it on for only $20 to your USCF license. Go to usacycling.org and they will have all the details.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
umm, no you do not need a norba license to race XC, some events are not hooked up w/NORBA & the ones that are, for $5 you can get a one day license

MTBCoach

Chimp
Jan 19, 2005
True. If the race is not NORBA sanctioned than you don't need a NORBA license. One day licenses are available for beginner class only this year and they are $10 a day now. Might be worth only getting one days if you aren't planning on doing that many races.