Quantcast

List the riding skills you want to work on this season!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
After years of XC riding I started to get a little bored. Last year, I picked up a dedicated DH rig, and this winter I built up a DJ rig after not riding jumps since I was a teen... I started to think about the riding skills that I have had in the past and not practiced, or riding skills that I have admired others for, and started actually make a list of things I want to re-learn or just plain get better at!

my list includes but is not limited to...

manuals (since I am only ok at wheelies practicing that as well) but pedal wheelies are not as important a skill in my eyes as being able to manual is!

in general street/park riding. (now that I have the rig for it)

jumping in general and with more style, flow, and amplitude!

things like skinnies etc. are a given!

this should be a great year with tons of fun riding and new sets of goals! What is on your list for this season?

Oh... and I guess staying in 1 piece would be great as well! :twitch:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I want to make a conscious effort to increase my speed and endurance.

Everything else I want to improve on (balance, freeride skills) will get worked naturally as long as I get off my ass and ride my bike.

hardtailpride

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
Learning the think outside the box when picking lines.

Flat cornering.

Quicker corner to corner transitions.

Sprinting.

Manualing.

Good thing I have a pump track now ; )

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
-Anaerobic endurance
-Muuuust resiiiist tapping the brakes in a corner
-Brake hard before the corner so I DONT tap during

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I just want to ride, if I get to ride enough to feel like my bike isn't a wasted of space in the basement I'll be uber happy.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
aerobic fitness. (endurance)
comfort in the air.
I worked on cornering a lot last year, I got pretty decent in flat turns, at least noticed a lot of improvement. This year I want to work on berms.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
Dropping
Cornering
Never stop pedaling

I still haven't gotten over my fear of dirt jumps ever since landing on my head a couple summers ago so I guess that will be another thing to work on.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
-Looking bad-ass.

-Going faster.

-Not getting run over (commuting)

-Wrenching. (i will be building my cx bike up finally)

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
I want to make a conscious effort to increase my speed and endurance.

Everything else I want to improve on (balance, freeride skills) will get worked naturally as long as I get off my ass and ride my bike.

Ditto. Any event I enter in, I'd like to at least be a mid-pack finisher, if not better. I'd also like to get over my "fear" of night riding so I can put in some laps during the Payson Stampede (or any other 24hour I do). I'd like to be able to hang ride with some of the roadies I train with for more than 10 yards, like maybe 100 yards?!?!

Other than that, just getting out to lose weight and strengthen my heart will be a plus.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
The skills I would like to improve this year, in order, are:

1. Cornering
2. Cornering
3. Fitness
4. Jumping
5. Cornering

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I must be the only person happy with my cornering.

Same thing as every year, steep technical rock gardens, not nose diving when getting airborn and steep sharp switchbacks. Of course like every year I will not get any better at them.

MTBstud12

Monkey
Jan 24, 2008
Tejas
1. Cornering
2. Less brake
3. Ability in the sand (theres plenty on the trails here)
4. Flow (through rooty and/or rocky sections)
5. Confidence

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
I'm going to work on not worrying about others feelings and calling them a pvssy when they're being a pvssy

oh, and cornering.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
-Cornering, particularly drifting high speed loose sweepers.
-Jumping, both confidance to hit bigger stuff, and throwing the bike around better in the air.

SlapheadMofo

Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Westminster MA
I want the trails I build this year to be even more funner than the trails I built last year. And I'd like to be able to do a pop-a-wheelie for more than a few pedal strokes.