Quantcast

Listen up NORBA

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Alright dipsh!ts, regarding the BMX issues:

-these reported $300 entree fees are actually two days entries in AA Pro ($100/day) and two days of Pro Open ($50/day). All four of these events have purses between $2-$7K so there's actually quite a bit of money to be made in a given weekend. Keep in mind that there are also pro girls, semi pro, vet pro and pro cruiser classes offered at $50/day with $1-$4K purses per day. So...in any given day, the sanction can pay out over $10k in prize money.

-Did I mention that there are two sanctions that put on about 20 national weekends apiece with aforementioned pro purses?

-I don't understand how it is that Norba can put on crappy races and be accused of being greedy yet the ABA puts on incredibly well run and consistent national races yet is greedy as well?

-What's wrong with the Hyundai giving away a car to the number one pro on behalf of the ABA? I thought that's what sponsors were supposed to do. Funny how everybody here clamors for Norba to secure more sponsorship then bags on the ABA for delivering the goods.

-jeremy, next time I see you, I'm beating your skinny ass into a pulp in a blind roid rage for your comments about BMX and grown men.

-Stik, if I ever see you, I'm beating your even skinnier ass into a pulp in a blind roid rage for your comments about BMX and grown men.

XXXOOO,
31 year old man on a BMX bike

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
JeffD said:
-jeremy, next time I see you, I'm beating your skinny ass into a pulp in a blind roid rage for your comments about BMX and grown men.
Finally.
I posted those comments this morning and sat back waiting to have my azz handed to me, and nobody said anything.
I knew I could count on you.

tacobelldhr

Monkey
Jun 1, 2005
lake forest
ive been a mamber of the aba for 16 years and raced bmx for 13 years and its hardly better than norba...the pros are payed higher because of the coverage...you've all seen downhill bmx on the x-games coreect....? you dont see downhill mtb on the x-games do ya?...aba is a bigger affiliation than norba and has been arround many more years than norba

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
JeffD said:

-these reported $300 entree fees are actually two days entries in AA Pro ($100/day) and two days of Pro Open ($50/day). All four of these events have purses between $2-$7K so there's actually quite a bit of money to be made in a given weekend. Keep in mind that there are also pro girls, semi pro, vet pro and pro cruiser classes offered at $50/day with $1-$4K purses per day. So...in any given day, the sanction can pay out over $10k in prize money.

-Did I mention that there are two sanctions that put on about 20 national weekends apiece with aforementioned pro purses?

-I don't understand how it is that Norba can put on crappy races and be accused of being greedy yet the ABA puts on incredibly well run and consistent national races yet is greedy as well?

-What's wrong with the Hyundai giving away a car to the number one pro on behalf of the ABA? I thought that's what sponsors were supposed to do. Funny how everybody here clamors for Norba to secure more sponsorship then bags on the ABA for delivering the goods.

-Stik, if I ever see you, I'm beating your even skinnier ass into a pulp in a blind roid rage for your comments about BMX and grown men.

XXXOOO,
31 year old man on a BMX bike
E-tough guy...I'm sure they're scared. :nope: Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with grown men racing BMX; there are plenty of pros who are in their late 20s and even some in their early 30s. I didn't take anyone's comments to heart, it's all good. I love BMX, and still head down to the local track with my BMX bike...

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
tacobelldhr said:
ive been a mamber of the aba for 16 years and raced bmx for 13 years and its hardly better than norba...the pros are payed higher because of the coverage...you've all seen downhill bmx on the x-games coreect....? you dont see downhill mtb on the x-games do ya?...aba is a bigger affiliation than norba and has been arround many more years than norba
I've raced all three levels of pro over the past ten years and can say with certainty that the BMX sanctions run waaaay better races than Norba. True, they're bigger and have been around twice as long but so what? From every indication, Norba's going downhill (no joke intended) while the BMX sanctions are still going strong. I'm not saying that the BMX sanctions don't have their faults, but Norba could stand to take some notes.

BTW...BMX payouts peaked, along with the sponsorship scene in general, around '99 - before racing was in the X-Games and Triple Crown. DS/short track DH were in the X-Games in 95-96ish @ Mt. Snow.

BLT2ride - I am an e-tough guy. With one flex of my flatulent sphincter I could make JeremyR, Bizutch and the rest of the Southeast my b!tch, and they all know it.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
E-SPEC....killer stuff.
In response to whether or not there will be more riders at Sugar in Sport than Snowshoe, my instinct tells me yes because of the the interest of all the people in states below NC it may generate.
In regards to the courses, we'll see.
In regards to the lifts, we'll see.
In regards to JeffD..."Foot Out"
In regards to Sugar being in my backyard...BRAAPP!

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
JeffD said:
I've raced all three levels of pro over the past ten years and can say with certainty that the BMX sanctions run waaaay better races than Norba. True, they're bigger and have been around twice as long but so what? From every indication, Norba's going downhill (no joke intended) while the BMX sanctions are still going strong. I'm not saying that the BMX sanctions don't have their faults, but Norba could stand to take some notes.

BTW...BMX payouts peaked, along with the sponsorship scene in general, around '99 - before racing was in the X-Games and Triple Crown. DS/short track DH were in the X-Games in 95-96ish @ Mt. Snow.

BLT2ride - I am an e-tough guy. With one flex of my flatulent sphincter I could make JeremyR, Bizutch and the rest of the Southeast my b!tch, and they all know it.
No doubt about it, BMX races always seem to run smoother. The only complaint I have ever had about BMX Nationals is the amount of downtime you have--the wait between motos and the mains. Although, there really isn't much you can do about that. I guess it's a good sign for BMX when there are a lot of motos.

Oh, and my last complaint is that they banned beer and dogs at all ABA tracks... :mumble: On second thought, that may be a good idea, some of the BMX parents get a little out of control, and beer would only ad fuel the fire...

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
blt2ride said:
Oh, and my last complaint is that they banned beer and dogs at all ABA tracks... :mumble: On second thought, that may be a good idea, some of the BMX parents get a little out of control, and beer would only ad fuel the fire...
Yeah, you can blame Jeff D on that one.
A little too much beer and in his defense, the dog was a handsome lab, but it really terrified the kids. Some say they can still hear him howl.

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD
JeffD said:

-What's wrong with the Hyundai giving away a car to the number one pro on behalf of the ABA? I thought that's what sponsors were supposed to do. Funny how everybody here clamors for Norba to secure more sponsorship then bags on the ABA for delivering the goods

First the following is taken from the latest ABA BMXER mag-

Nat #1 AA pro fee $105 Cruiser $45
Nat #2 $105 $45

What you get- practice (schedule b) 20" 10:35-10:50 am -15 mins
Cruiser 9:00-9:20 am -20 mins

and your races... a total of 40-50 mins of riding per day call it 100min total for the weekend, Unless you do the friday pre nat race

Norba
Norba, DH fee Pro- $55, MTX $55

Mtx practice 2 hours then qualifying, then your race

DH 4-6 hours Practice then qualifying, and your race

Cost differential @ $190 per weekend per rider... If you get 50 pros in DH the differential alone would fund a $9500 purse

32 pros in Mtx funds $ 6080 in pay out

Bottom Line, Cheaper fees= no pay out, Want a good payout raise'em

But you dont sit around for countless hours, you get to RIDE.

CDR- A father of an ABA Member (11 years)