Quantcast

Litter to the rescue (once again)

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
Saw that yesterday, liked it a lot. The style rats thing was FUNNY.
Style Rats rule.

Watts DOES have style and he's smooth, he does big committed tricks which he typicaly makes looks good. Some people do similar tricks as he does, but are full of slop. Pulling a tailwhip and landing with your feet on the ground and hammering your seat is not cooler than a turndown, nor is it harder.

Style is a refinement of skills. Anyone who watches Chase Hawk knows this.

A stylish whip or nac-nac seat grab SEEMS harder to make look good then a backflip. Both are cool, just different.

JGill

Monkey
Jul 7, 2008
Norman, OK
Chase Hawk is definitely good and has style, but seeing him do the same 4 tricks over and over everywhere and in every video gets bland... Don't get me wrong, he makes the 4 tricks look damn good though for sure.

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
Chase Hawk is definitely good and has style, but seeing him do the same 4 tricks over and over everywhere and in every video gets bland... Don't get me wrong, he makes the 4 tricks look damn good though for sure.
I am definitly not getting you wrong, but the same can be said for someone who backflips/tailwhips/barspins everything. It just depends on what you like to look at.

Style can be brought to any type of riding, it is refinement. Just because someone can do a no-hander doesn't mean they make it look good.

Watts makes his Flip-Whips look stylish, compared to someone who may "huck" that trick. I think even though he's a different rider than a STYLE RAT, he still has style.

I wish I had visuals, to explain my point, maybe somebody without a job or more time on their hands could do a nice comparison between the two.

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
A nice combination between the two is good. I think its kinda retarded when you just whip and table everything, but I shouldnt be talking...

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
The funny part is that he was poking fun at people who have to look down on the way others ride in order to make themselves feel better.
And of course, that goes RIGHT OVER THE HEADS of the people that do that.... ignorance is bliss.