Quantcast

Little help please: Roco R

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
This didn't even get a nibble in the "Shop" Forum. Can anyone here help out? No laughing at the cheap OEM shock or my helplessnees....

I have a Roco R with the piggy back chamber (EDIT: it is a 2007 i think...). It is making a clunk at the very beginning of the compression stroke. Searching the intarwebs has revealed that this can be one of two problems: 1) too little pressure in the chamber and 2) the shock needs a bleed.

I checked the pressure today and it was fine. I researched bleeding the the thing and every picture and description that I have found talks about a bleed screw that should be on the manifold/arm/connector between the main body and the piggy back. My shock does not have this. :confused:

Be that as it may, could someone please explain to me how to bleed this thing?

I feel like a complete dunce for needing to ask this, but I can't really think of any way to bleed this thing properly short of submerging the entire shock in a bucket of shock oil...

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
This didn't even get a nibble in the "Shop" Forum. Can anyone here help out? No laughing at the cheap OEM shock or my helplessnees....

I have a Roco R with the piggy back chamber (EDIT: it is a 2007 i think...). It is making a clunk at the very beginning of the compression stroke. Searching the intarwebs has revealed that this can be one of two problems: 1) too little pressure in the chamber and 2) the shock needs a bleed.

I checked the pressure today and it was fine. I researched bleeding the the thing and every picture and description that I have found talks about a bleed screw that should be on the manifold/arm/connector between the main body and the piggy back. My shock does not have this. :confused:

Be that as it may, could someone please explain to me how to bleed this thing?

I feel like a complete dunce for needing to ask this, but I can't really think of any way to bleed this thing properly short of submerging the entire shock in a bucket of shock oil...
not being a dick, but have you tried a shop? Calling marz?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Rebuilding it submerged is the easiest, but it's possible to do it by carefully pouring it in and assembling in the right order. There's a powerpoint out there somewhere that runs through the rebuild process.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I actually called Marz a couple of minutes ago and was blown away by how helpful they were. It seems people fall into two camps: 1) Marz CS rocks or 2)Marz CS knocks the bottom out of hell daily. EDIT: I fall into group #1 after today's call.

HAB, I have that powerpoint and the instructions that it gives depend on the bleed valve that my shock does not have...