Quantcast

Little League fans?

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
I'm almost as much of a fan of the Little League parents as I'm a fan of the kids that are having fun.

We had one guy this weekend that was having fits with the ump (who is a parent from his team who volunteers his time BTW). It just so happens that I was running a video camera from a tripod to get some footage of our kids (for their end of season video) and caught some of this guy on tape.

Mind you, this is a "non-competitive" league (not supposed to keep score, although the kids do) and the goal is to teach the kids the fundamentals, to have fun, etc., etc.

http://www.paradigmhosting.net/vid/dramaqueen.wmv

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
BurlyShirley said:
scoreless baseball :nonono:
Silly boy, just because you're not supposed to keep score doesn't mean that folks don't keep track. As in:

"not supposed to keep score, although the kids do"

Signed,

Coach of the undefeated (7-0) CVLL Indians

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
yeah, I bet its easy to convince yourself that you're undefeated when no one but you keeps score.

J

JRB

I didn't see anyone having fits. I don't get it. Stinkyboy is more dramatic than that.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
BurlyShirley said:
yeah, I bet its easy to convince yourself that you're undefeated when no one but you keeps score.
Hmmm...interesting assumption. Totally wrong, but interesting nonetheless.

Each team has a "scorekeeper" that tracks progress to make sure that the players get their due playing time according to league rules, to insure that the batting order isn't fudged by a coach, etc.

Additionally, if no one but me keeps score, how can you explain "not supposed to keep score, although the kids do"?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
justsomeguy said:
Additionally, if no one but me keeps score, how can you explain "not supposed to keep score, although the kids do"?
How do I explain a statement you wrote to you? :rolleyes:

Chill out, its a joke. Im sure you're a regular Tommy Lasorda out there....

J

JRB

I can't believe that BurlyShirley is scared to Internet argue with justsomeguy.

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
justsomeguy said:
I'm almost as much of a fan of the Little League parents as I'm a fan of the kids that are having fun.
I got the thrill of watching some Jr High parents act like goofballs during the basketball season again this year. I actually had to turn around and ask one parent to zip it for using profanity when there were kids in the stands near him...and this was at a parochial school. Hypochristians, anyone? My favorite though was an assistant coach on one of the other teams. You'd think he was Bobby Knight in the NCAA finals at times, except no chair throwing was involved and he didn't punch any kids on the opposing team. I actually laughed out loud at him about a dozen times during one particular game.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
That's it? You would really be shcoked at what happens at a U-12 girls fastpitch tournament. The dude didn't even try and go through the fence to get after the ump.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
I thought people in CA were fit? All I see there are a bunch of fatties. :p

Speaking of....... where the hell is GoodtobeIrie?
I'll bet she is eating lovebunny's dog that ate the chocolate covered donut.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
DRB said:
Better than melting down and throwing a fit.
That actually occured right after the first inning, before I set the camera up.

He came charging out of the dugout complaining that the ump was our pitches strikes when the same pitch for the other team was being called a ball.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
ummbikes said:
That's it? You would really be shcoked at what happens at a U-12 girls fastpitch tournament. The dude didn't even try and go through the fence to get after the ump.
:stupid:

Yep, my little niece plays on one of those travelling teams U-12 girls fastpitch deals. They have tournaments where they play til like midnight everynight.
The last game I went to, 2 coaches and 2 parents got the boot.
So damn lame.
Its mindboggling to me how adult parents can be so irrational in their behavior. They are borderline conspiracy nuts about the "Umps are out to get us." :rofl:
You take irrational behavior and multiply it by the redneck ratio, and
that is a pot that you do not want to stir.