Quantcast

Little Monkey shoplifters.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Went grocery shopping over the weekend and as I was loading the car, I noticed my daughter had a candle next to her in the cart that she was smelling. I looked at the receipt and I hadn't paid for it.

I am going in after work to pay for it, but it made me wonder if they would have bum rushed me on the way out if anyone would have noticed.

I know the cashiers always look at me funny when I have them scan empty juice bottles or string cheese wrappers that she has consumed during the course of the trip.

MTBstud12

Monkey
Jan 24, 2008
Tejas
Went grocery shopping over the weekend and as I was loading the car, I noticed my daughter had a candle next to her in the cart that she was smelling. I looked at the receipt and I hadn't paid for it.

I am going in after work to pay for it, but it made me wonder if they would have bum rushed me on the way out if anyone would have noticed.

I know the cashiers always look at me funny when I have them scan empty juice bottles or string cheese wrappers that she has consumed during the course of the trip.
Good man! Honesty is a great thing.

When I was a customer service person at a grocery store back home, if someone came in a situation like yours(and they forgot to pay for somethin) as long as it wasn't pricey, I just let them go and thanked them for their honesty.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
We were trying to decide between 2 different ones. I put one in the cart and thought she had put the other one back.

A few weeks seems a bit harsh for a first offense. 3 days and a year probation is about right. The candle was $2.65, so it's a minor offense under the age of 8.

Why didn't you just return the candle as soon as you discovered it?
I paid for one, but not both. I didn't check the slip until I was home and my wife bagged the goods. When I saw it sitting there, I thought it had been paid for.

Mr Big

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
The Betty Ford Clinic
Good man! Honesty is a great thing.

When I was a customer service person at a grocery store back home, if someone came in a situation like yours(and they forgot to pay for somethin) as long as it wasn't pricey, I just let them go and thanked them for their honesty.
and if it was pricey?

excuse me sir, i forgot to pay for this flat screen last week.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Yeah, Syd has done something similar and I went back in and the customer service lady thought I was crazy and laughed it off. It's not uncommon for us to have open bags of goldfish during our shopping trips either. :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Yeah, Syd has done something similar and I went back in and the customer service lady thought I was crazy and laughed it off. It's not uncommon for us to have open bags of goldfish during our shopping trips either. :D
I have open bags of goldfish on my shopping trips, and I'm 26 and shop alone :think:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I paid for one, but not both. I didn't check the slip until I was home and my wife bagged the goods. When I saw it sitting there, I thought it had been paid for.
Oh, sorry. This made me think you discovered the candle in the parking lot.

jimmydean said:
I wouldn't pay for the candle, I'd just give it back.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A few weeks seems a bit harsh for a first offense. 3 days and a year probation is about right. The candle was $2.65, so it's a minor offense under the age of 8.

If she manages not to shank anyone she'd probably be out in 3 for good behavior.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
She obviously preferred it over the Cinnamon Bun scent I picked out. It's easier to just stop by and toss a few bucks than to carry the candle in my backpack on my commute.
Don't reward her for shoplifting.

I stole a geode rock when I was 7. I will never forget the punishment and lectures that ensued.

I have never stolen from a store or person since.

I do download a TV show now and again...

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Don't reward her for shoplifting.

I stole a geode rock when I was 7. I will never forget the punishment and lectures that ensued.

I have never stolen from a store or person since.

I do download a TV show now and again...
It's different if she did it on purpose. It's not like she stuffed it in he shirt or knowingly hid it from view. It was sitting next to her in the cart, it was my fault for not seeing it there when I unloaded it at the register.

I just thought the idea of security rushing me as soon as I left the store over a candle (they didn't, it was just a funny thought).

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
I regularly eat stuff while shopping. I just consider it normal.

They're watching you.

We had the security idiot call our cashier once because my GF had eaten a caramel from the bulk bin to see if they were any good. It was even funnier since I used to work at the store and knew the cashier.

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
My parents used to have to frisk me before leaving anywhere that sold tools. They would find wrenches, screwdrivers, nuts, bolts, etc. What can I say I love tools. Then and now. Lucky for my wife there's no need for a search anymore.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
My mom made me go to the security office in a mall one for taking a quarter out of the change return in a pay phone.

Although that did nothing to start my juvenile crime spree later in life.