Quantcast

Little Monkeys

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
http://dinokart.co.uk/product/dino-side-car-bf3/

It's my neighbours. I'm not exactly sure where they got it, but they have two severely autistic kids and this allows them to take them for a ride around the 'hood. They're incredibly fun to hoon around on! before they put the seat belts on, I'd try to hit the speed bumps in our court as fast as possible and make the kids jump up in their seat. They're tippy when turning left, but so stable when turning right... tippy when backing up too...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
At the "Zoo Zoom" 5k in Sacramento. Was all I could do to keep her from sprinting the whole damn thing. She tells me after the finish "Daddy its hard to run slow..."
11052447_10206016143656375_4152416825699149989_n.jpg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Happy baby is a happy baby:

Mariko loves her teddy bear:

All my girls. This pose makes baby Yuna look very plump, but nowadays she's more robust than plump:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru

Just turned 9!! With a sneak peak of my niece and a rare Buffalo sighting!

All about Star Wars and legos!
Lego can be strangely adicting..

I started buying a few for my son when my wife was pregnant (about 1 year ago)... started with a few Duplos, then a few Star Wars set ("I´ll just buy them and save them for him, before they are retired"), and the some Technic ("these ones are really cool, it would be a real shame if this are not available anymore when he is old enough; so lets better buy them and build them now")....

A few months later.... I have accumulated about 45 thousand-odd pieces in about 40 sets (including the one in this picture)....

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Lego can be strangely adicting..

I started buying a few for my son when my wife was pregnant (about 1 year ago)... started with a few Duplos, then a few Star Wars set ("I´ll just buy them and save them for him, before they are retired"), and the some Technic ("these ones are really cool, it would be a real shame if this are not available anymore when he is old enough; so lets better buy them and build them now")....

A few months later.... I have accumulated about 45 thousand-odd pieces in about 40 sets (including the one in this picture)....
Seriously! It's all he likes to do, other than football! They DO have Technic still, but I wasn't sure where to start. He went to a week of lego robotics camp this summer where they built conveyor belts and other cool things, but I don't know if Technic translates to the robotics he had going on. Do you? I need a good Christmas idea, and not the Death Star--it's being discontinued so you better grab it! For the low low price of $399!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Seriously! It's all he likes to do, other than football! They DO have Technic still, but I wasn't sure where to start. He went to a week of lego robotics camp this summer where they built conveyor belts and other cool things, but I don't know if Technic translates to the robotics he had going on. Do you? I need a good Christmas idea, and not the Death Star--it's being discontinued so you better grab it! For the low low price of $399!
My boy had his birthday party for his 5th on Sunday and cleaned up on the Lego. He spent the entire afternoon and evening on a Lego binge, trying to build everything he received. The quiet in the house was soooo amazing! I'm blown away by how that stuff can focus his attention.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
My boy had his birthday party for his 5th on Sunday and cleaned up on the Lego. He spent the entire afternoon and evening on a Lego binge, trying to build everything he received. The quiet in the house was soooo amazing! I'm blown away by how that stuff can focus his attention.
I swear my son is ADD until he has Legos, that is the only time I see him focus like that and it RULES!

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
I had Technic when I was 9-13, my dad got me a set with pneumatic valves and pistons and I was hooked... I think it did a lot to translate into a career in STEM for me. I doubt I had gone to engineering school had I not been exposed to Lego as a child.

Lego robotics are basically Technic pieces with sensors and controllers. Go for it!.. The technic pieces are nice addition to whatever robots you can build. The technic sets with electric motors and RC are the best.

PS. I already have the $399 death star....:D

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Yesterday the 5yo decided he wanted to ride his bike down the trails in the woods behind our house

to the river, where he decided it would be "epic" to jump off the bank

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
First pair of skis.
:thumb:

My son is 3 1/2 and we signed him up for the youth ski program this winter. We also have some friends with kids the same age who all signed their kids up for the same program. Kids get to ski together while the parents get to ski together.

Em_Ef_Er

Chimp
Nov 21, 2015
Connecticut
My little guy just wants to ride skateparks and hit up dirt jumps, whereas I'm trying to get away from that and ride more mtn/road bikes. Oh well, not a bad problem to have.

Attachments

Last edited:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
The little one is loving his ski lessons so far. Although, he keeps asking us when he can go fast down the hill :D

(mine is the one smiling on the left)