Quantcast

Little Monkeys

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Mini-me wanted to help clean up the driveway last night after the snowmageddon yesterday. He had to use his lawn mower because I don't think Fisher Price makes a snowblower.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
She gets the seat height she wants. That was her first time using pedals vice riding it as a balance bike. Video is her first ever-successful sustained ride.

Believe me, I was home for a week from months of separation and I took time to hunt a 4mm allen wrench out of a pile of Ikea trash so I could try and get it right. She didn't like being up higher.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
My little turd just ended her first year of gymnastics competition by winning the all around state champion.

AWESOME! What level does she compete at? My daughter just ended her first year at level 3 with a 6th in the Northeast :monkeydance: (She had a horrible meet at states and finished 4th....Regionals wasn't much better, but she did get 2nd on floor).

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
AWESOME! What level does she compete at? My daughter just ended her first year at level 3 with a 6th in the Northeast :monkeydance: (She had a horrible meet at states and finished 4th....Regionals wasn't much better, but she did get 2nd on floor).
Rowan went from recreational straight to level 2 for this past year. Next year she will be in level 3. Ha, my wife and I showed up at the first meet literally knowing nothing about the sport. She picked this sport on her own, and we were just along for the ride. I was surprised by how much I got into it though. It is super competitive and she loves it. Rowan improved throughout the year, and she had her very best meet at state which is our last one of the year. It is cool that your daughter is into it and doing well. I have noticed a big difference with Rowan's strength on the bike too since she has been competing.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Our local park put in some dirt jumps, so we checked 'em out! Kid was more interested in riding down the back of the jumps one handed/giving a 'thumbs up' signal than jumping per say, but he made a few attempts. Fun times!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I'd love to post a pic of my awesome daughter, but I'm not going to because of all the junk that goes on with photochoppin' on here...

But she's 12 years old, tall (5' 8.5"), slinder, and talented!

:love:

...and as of last month, graduated from College - wow... the time flies

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
These two are kicking our asses, but they are so fun. They both love to ride such as they are able. Thinking Rowan is going to get the back yard pump track sorted this summer.

IMG_4421.jpg

The boy will be my "training" partner
IMG_4454.jpg

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
My son is finally showing interest in riding his own bike (he's turning 5yrs old in a couple months). So last night I figured I'd let him pick out his own helmet to help get him excited about riding. This is the one he picked out... he's definitely my son :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Congratulations!!! My oldest is a gymnast as well (just ended her season with 6th place at Nationals). What level is she at?
Congrats, that is awesome. Rowan is in level 4 at 8 years old. She absolutely loves it still. Always wants to go to practice, and will be there for 4 hours and still be grinning. It is cool to see your kid find something they love to do. I have not seen a clean shot of the tv in 4 years because of handstands, but cool none the less.