Quantcast

Live from SEMA 2011....

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Wassup Monkey's. I realized its been ages since I've logged in so I figure now is a great time since I'm at SEMA 2011 in Las Vegas, NV. I'll keep it simple... just pix. Excuse the washed out cell pix. Enjoy...

DAY 1

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
It reminds me of when you see National Grid hauling around telephone poles.
LOL, I suppose thats true. I think its perfect though. I mean, it probably weighs 200-300 lbs tops, you could probably tow it with anything you could slap a hitch under, and storing it would be super easy, tip it on its side and it takes up practically zero room in the garage.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'd take a 2 door. I've looked into one of those conversion "kits" for my wrangler, but holy $$$$$. I need a truck that bad and I'll just spring for a newer used tacoma.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'd take a 2 door. I've looked into one of those conversion "kits" for my wrangler, but holy $$$$$. I need a truck that bad and I'll just spring for a newer used tacoma.
yeah, $9k is a lot but it really is a whole new body you are throwing on with an extended frame. i think their 4dr looks better too

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
yes, AEV builds them but only in a 2dr version as of now. they used SEMA to show off their new 4dr kit. Jeep has been toying with the idea of building their own purportedly
The Gladiator I think it was called.......Jeep's been talking about that for years and had a couple concepts floating around I believe. Looked like an old 50's Jeep pickup with the spare tire on the side of the bed. Unless that was a 2-dr only too....I never paid much attention to them.

EDIT:

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
yeah, that was from 2005 but they showed off a newer version last year.
they do sell a kit like AEV does, called the JK-8 Independence kit...its also a lot cheaper then AEV's kit

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Agreed.

Little side note since I didn't see a shot of it, but here's the truck parked directly in front of it:

This truck was owned by the late Courtney Halowell. If you aren't a fan of street trucks, you probably don't know the name. But if you are, you'd know that for the better part of 20 years, he wrote/edited many a article, in Truckin, MiniTruckin, StreetTrucks, and many many other publications.

This truck was his last project before he passed away July 21st. It wasn't complete, but a bunch of his friends got together and completed it for SEMA...

Courtney was an amazing person and he's sorely missed...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I love the wide whites, damn. I am either doing wide whites or Vogue's on my truck when I get to that point.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing. I don't get out much anymore since having the baby girl, so seeing these pics keeps me in touch with the car world.
Ah, that honda CVCC is nice. I was eyeballin one here in Logan for a few weeks. I was thinking about picking it up for a little commuter car, but it was a 4 speed instead of a 5 speed. I also heard that finding parts for those cars is getting pretty dang tough too.
Man, i saw one online with an LS/Vtec swap in it. That would be scary.