Quantcast

'Live8' Stars got $12,000 Goodie Bags

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Reactor said:
It's nice the stars got something for their time, BUT, a $12,000 goodie bag is better than what a host at the Oscars gets(about 3K if I remember correctly). $12,000 * the number of performers (over a hundred I think) = over $12,000,000 . That's a lot of bags of flour. Meanwhile the stars bask in the limelight and the press coverage of what good people they are for helping out Africa.

You can judge for yourselves.
$12M is a mere drop in the bucket in the grand scheme. I don't really think we can shame someone for not doing enough for a good cause. I mean, how much have YOU given to causes in Africa (not including paying taxes to yout respective gov'ts)? Sure, maybe that money/goods could have been better spent but that doesn't negate the actions of the performers.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Echo said:
This thread reminds me of the one where someone was bitching that Chris King donating $1 to breast cancer research for every pink component they sold wasn't enough. .
I must have missed that thread.

That's funny.

Someone in a fundraiser race for MS or AIDS or breast cancer deserves a jersey or two if it gets their middle-class ass out there.

But this is a WHOLE different category. These celebs, they have so much dough...enough to buy you and cook you and eat you. They would LAUGH at a $12K goody bag. If I were in their shoes I'd have given some big ole goody bags of cash up for Africa, and told the gift sponsors to do the same.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Skookum said:
My point is flaccid right now, i'm hoping for something more exciting to discuss, then maybe i'll have one.
Ok.

Children that huff glue and try to steal your bike.

Discuss.