Quantcast

~~~Liver Die Thursday GMT~~~

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
I don't know when the hell companies started adding bacon to every possible product without thinking about whether or not it's actually a good idea. NEWSFLASH: All beer with bacon flavoring sucks. Fact. "ZOMG this product has BACON it in so we SOOOO have to buy it!" Friggin bacontards.
A local nano brewery incorporates an actual pig's head into their Pigs Head Porter. They'll take the head from a pig roast, and use that to make a pigs head broth that they'll use instead of water. Authentic bacon flavor.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
A local nano brewery incorporates an actual pig's head into their Pigs Head Porter. They'll take the head from a pig roast, and use that to make a pigs head broth that they'll use instead of water. Authentic bacon flavor.
nerd alert:

bacon results from curing a large section of meat, not head meat.

boiling a bigs head to a broth is the traditional means of making scrapple. or at least one of the main ingredients of scrapple.

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
i guess thats what i get for not knowing my proper pork terminology. regardless, its delicious when they have it. Like Iceball, I too, am a bacontard.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
You mean this isn't as good as the price?

No, seriously, it isn't.
This was the last Rogue beer I bought. I split it with someone else, and it was difficult to finish my half.

Most of the others I've had were adequate beers, but like most others are saying, not worth the premium price.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
You are approaching this whole thing incorrectly... :think:
Don't get me wrong, I rode over 30km of single track trail today....but every time I look at my bank account its a huge reality check :(

I certainly have enjoyed sleeping in and riding everyday, coming home to beers and playoff hockey. But yeah, that has to end...