Quantcast

Living in the 4 corners area

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
As of today I have nothing keeping me in Washington state. I have always wanted to live in the 4 corners area. I am thinking New Mexico. Does anyone live in that area? What is cost of living like. Would there be work for Asst. Shipping MGR. Thanks for the info.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
KNine said:
As of today I have nothing keeping me in Washington state. I have always wanted to live in the 4 corners area. I am thinking New Mexico. Does anyone live in that area? What is cost of living like. Would there be work for Asst. Shipping MGR. Thanks for the info.
Farmington is a nice town. Excellent trout fishing in the San Jaun River just below the Navajo Lake dam. There are some monsters in there.

Trails are good too.

DesertYota

Chimp
May 11, 2005
New Mexico
I live in Farmington love the town allthough there are a bunch of morons here even though that goes along with pretty much any town lol. As far as I know there are a ton of good trails around here. Just getting into mountainbiking haven't even bought a bike yet. Pretty much if you like anything offroad farmington is a pretty sweet place to be. Cost of living is relatively cheap too. Couldn't tell you about the job though. Plus the mountains of Colorado are real close and the cost of living is much cheaper here than in Colorado.

nmjb

Monkey
Apr 26, 2005
Idyllwild, CA
The 4 corners area is nice, i currently live outside of farmington, but am moving. Anyhow, as far as the job market, it depends on what you do for a living. Professional jobs are definitely NOT in demand, but there is alot of work in the oil and gas industry or at the powerplants.

There are some cross country trails in Aztec, which is close to Farmington, but the durango area is where all the action is at. If you ride DH, then you will definitely be headed to colorado or albuquerque alot.

The cost of living is relatively cheap, but home proces are on the rise. A decent house will probably run you about $170k.

Hope this helps.