LLkoolkeg Newz: Tornado Uncovers Pot Operation In Man's Home

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
:nope:

Tornado Uncovers Pot Operation In Palm Bay Man's Home
AP via WFTV.com | 14 Apr

PALM BAY, Fla. -- A tornado that ripped through Geoffrey Crook's home in February didn't just tear away his roof. Authorities say it exposed his elaborate marijuana-growing operation.

Crook, 41, was charged Tuesday with possession and manufacturing of cannabis after police officers served him with an arrest warrant at his job. He was released on $1,000 bond Tuesday night.

The operation had lamps, hydroponic equipment and log books. Fifty-four marijuana plants neatly arranged in master bedroom had a street value of about $8,000, authorities said.

The operation was uncovered after an F-1 tornado swept through the Palm Bay neighborhood where Crook lived. The tornado, with winds whipping up to 112 mph, tore away Crook's roof.

Palm Bay police and other emergency crews were searching through the debris for injured victims when they came across the two-to-three foot plants. Crook was not at home during the storm.

Crook had a disconnected telephone number and couldn't be reached for comment Wednesday.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Damn True said:
....and the hand of God swept down and smote the sinner.....

pretty dang funny
the hand of god works in mysterious ways, thats for sure... one that i haven t figured out is the hand of the priest touching little boys...

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I sincerely hope God has more on his plate than punishing his people for heeding his words:

Genesis 1:29 - And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Genesis 9:3 - Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

Psalms 104:14 - He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth.

Hebrews 6:7 - For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God.

And perhaps most fitting of all:

Proverbs 15:17 - Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
llkoolkeg said:
I sincerely hope God has more on his plate than punishing his people for heeding his words:

Genesis 1:29 - And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb
<snip>
green herb have I given you all things.

<snip>and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth.

<snip> dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith.
Goddammit! I *told* you he was talking about basil and oregano, not cannabis. :angry:

-S.S.-

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
partsbara said:
the hand of god works in mysterious ways, thats for sure... one that i haven t figured out is the hand of the priest touching little boys...

Blah blah blah. That reply is getting rather worn out don't you think? Do you have some sort of auto-reply on your puter that automaticaly barfs that out every time someone mentions something of a remotely religious nature?
Seriously.

I don't know of anyone who condones those things happening, and IMO it was absolutely shameful that the Vatican didn't rake those bastards over the coals. But your consistancy with this seriously gives the impression that you think all people of faith not only condone the events, but support them.

Furthermore, my post was a joke.

Had I called it "karma" and not the hand of god you'd have had no problem with it would you?

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Damn True said:
Blah blah blah. That reply is getting rather worn out don't you think? Do you have some sort of auto-reply on your puter that automaticaly barfs that out every time someone mentions something of a remotely religious nature?
Seriously.

I don't know of anyone who condones those things happening, and IMO it was absolutely shameful that the Vatican didn't rake those bastards over the coals. But your consistancy with this seriously gives the impression that you think all people of faith not only condone the events, but support them.

Furthermore, my post was a joke.

Had I called it "karma" and not the hand of god you'd have had no problem with it would you?
you bible bashers do take things very personally don t ya...

don t worry, you are forgiven... :devil:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Damn True said:
I don't know of anyone who condones those things happening, and IMO it was absolutely shameful that the Vatican didn't rake those bastards over the coals.
it was pretty f'in galling to see bernie law in a nice position in italy during the pope-over, while he refused to take the heat for the crap that went down on his watch and w/ his knowledge in boston.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
narlus said:
it was pretty f'in galling to see bernie law in a nice position in italy during the pope-over, while he refused to take the heat for the crap that went down on his watch and w/ his knowledge in boston.
We are in agreeance.
I think he's even in on the election of nueva popa.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Damn True said:
Twisting the word of the bible (or Koran) to suit his gain.

He's in good company here huh?
coming from a 'christian' i find that rather comical... many of the self proclaimed christians i ve met are some of the most hypocritical people i ve ever had the misfortune of encountering...

honestly DT, when you come in and post a reply like that (you first quote from the bible) what do you expect ??? clancy and stoney immediately put you in your place... i believe the term is own3d... if your original reply was a 'joke' you didn t make it very obvious... i, along with others merely saw it as a weak attempt to push your own agenda...

it s all well and good, and i wish you all the best with your faith... but we all know that this isn t the avenue for preaching...

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
It wasn't a quote from the bible, I made it up. I was actually trying to paraphrase Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction but intentionally did not use the correct verbiage because THAT would have been quoting the bible and would NOT have been a joke.

....and what does a few bad apples that you have met (sorry you had those experiences) have to do with the rest of 'em?

That'd be like saying, "There's black guys in prison. So all black guys are criminals."

But for some reason the connection isn't made there. It's not ok to make gross generalizations about some groups, but with others it's ok.

Kinda like how it's not ok for a comedian to make jokes about Jewish people but man, those asian driver jokes are a riot huh?

I find your view of people of faith prejudicial and somewhat bigoted. The fact that you couch it in the terms that you do (Some people of one faith or another inserted here were jerks, so all of them are jerks.) merely proves my point and further illustrates the depth of your feelings.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
Damn True said:
Twisting the word of the bible (or Koran) to suit his gain.

He's in good company here huh?
Why is what I do "twisting" and what you do "interpreting"? Are you somehow a better or more valid Christian than me because you look down upon those you consider sinners? Sinners, mind you, not against the laws of God, but those of ignorant, racist bureaucrats. Methinks you need to polish up on your New Testament a bit, because you're sounding a lot more like a Pharisee than a Christian right now. :confused:

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
llkoolkeg said:
Why is what I do "twisting" and what you do "interpreting"? Are you somehow a better or more valid Christian than me because you look down upon those you consider sinners? Sinners, mind you, not against the laws of God, but those of ignorant, racist bureaucrats. Methinks you need to polish up on your New Testament a bit, because you're sounding a lot more like a Pharisee than a Christian right now. :confused:
Forgot the :D . That too was tounge in cheek.

But way to jump on any opportunity for attack.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
Damn True said:
Forgot the :D . That too was tounge in cheek.

But way to jump on any opportunity for attack.
Dooooooood! I'd like to think I give you the benefit of the doubt most of the time, but in this particular case, you drew first blood. Can I be blamed for defending myself? You're pretty cool mostly, but your time in the Coast Guard seems to have colored you bitter about this particular topic.

I was NOT joking, BTW. I do not believe smoking cannabis is a sin in God's eyes. In point of fact, I often feel I am at my closest to God when I am high...especially when praising Him or doing His good works.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
llkoolkeg said:
Dooooooood! I'd like to think I give you the benefit of the doubt most of the time, but in this particular case, you drew first blood. Can I be blamed for defending myself? You're pretty cool mostly, but your time in the Coast Guard seems to have colored you bitter about this particular topic.

I was NOT joking, BTW. I do not believe smoking cannabis is a sin in God's eyes. In point of fact, I often feel I am at my closest to God when I am high...especially when praising Him or doing His good works.

Shoulda put in another :D I was kidding again. You know I dig ya :love: