Quantcast

local dh trails?

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
Ok... well I finaly got up to 38 this last weekend... one run and we get kicked out. I had a blast on the trail, so i want to ride it again... any ideas on when the park service people aren't there? Any other trails within an hour or two that are fun dh trails... preferably shuttle-able... pm me if you want to keep something under raps. BTW i'm willing to help build if that means I can ride your trails. Let me know!!!

Cheers!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
I say you all get real core and start night DH. Imagine the fun of 38 with only a few lamps on the head. I know trail riding at night is cool, but DH would be even cooler.....

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
haha that would be rad!!!

I just got a great idea for being able to ride 38!!! There's a trail in California, and in order to ride it you need a lisence. Its like 15 bucks a year, and it goes towards keeping up the trail and that sort of thing. Its pretty much exactly like a fishin lisence. You need it to ride the trail, and if you don't have one and you get caught, you get a ticket. We all know that riding 38 is alot of fun, but what if we could talk to whoever is in charge about doing something like that. I'd be up for paying even $50 a year if I could ride that trail and not get kicked out or ticketed. I would even be willing to help keep up the trail.

Does anyone know who I might be able to talk to about this? Who is in charge of the closing it down? I think if we were to aproach them with this mindset of us being willing to pay to ride a trail and keep it up, they might be willing to listen a little more. Any ideas?