Quantcast

Local Flavor - Santa Cruz (photo session)

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Got out to the local trails yesterday for some EPIC riding. The traction was perfect and the trails we in great condition. Todd (GiantRider) and I got out for a few hour session.

Anyways here are some photos from the day thanks to Sean (www.evisionsphoto.com).

GiantRider:

Me:

Icantdrive65

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
Chinquapin fire road
I got out there today and rode my SS up and down U-Conn. I haven't gone down U-Conn in years, but it was getting dark and my SS is full rigid.

I rode up there last week with Denny and he pedaled the SWD all the way up U-Conn without stopping. :shocked: The guy is a monster. I just can't let him get a climbing bike now. He will destroy us all!

Jensen

Monkey
Apr 30, 2007
UC/SLO,ca
Can you ask him if he got a pic of a guy on a red enduro SL. i was going down, and saw a fatty flash go off, but didnt realize it was you guys. i rode with you guys at pacifica with mike a few weeks back, on the silver R9. woulda stopped and shot the **** a while, but was with a group of XC'ers (ugh) who didnt want to take any breaks.

Jensen

Monkey
Apr 30, 2007
UC/SLO,ca
Cool, thanks man. Most def on riding. Was my first time down there yesterday, basically took my smaller bike out for some fun b/c i was going with a few xc friends and they said it was pedaly, then we made a wrong turn (and damn im glad) and we ended up there. :) can't wait to come back there

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Nor. Ca. Santa Cruz ,Mang
Yup it was a great day of riding.As to who is riding this weekend,me,Josh maybe my girl might maybe go this time,Brian and Kelly, and hopefully Mike,haha.UC maybe Demo?XC style loop around wilder?Im up for anything.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Hahaha- Kelly's back up in Tahoe this weekend, looks like fate only wants us to bring one girl at a time. I'm up for everything but the wilder XC loop thing... :disgust:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I say we ride UC on Saturday a bunch starting around 9. Maybe one loop and then shuttling? Or just a bunch of shuttling. What do you guys think?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Thanks guys!

Ben, I will try and have Sean post on here so you guys can talk more about photos and stuff. haha What are you doing this Saturday morning/afternoon?

Hows the shoulder holding up Rich?

Asher, I saw you the other night heading into the valley in Felton.

Mike, where have you been all week? And you better be riding this Saturday!

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I'll be somewhere in the East Bay this weekend, man. Cool trails with GOOD climbs and FAST descents. I wanted to ride UC with you foolbags, but I like a little variety.

P.S. The Demo ride last night was awesome. You missed out.

Down-trees like crazy on Ridge, but on Braille it was smooth sailing.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I'll be somewhere in the East Bay this weekend, man. Cool trails with GOOD climbs and FAST descents. I wanted to ride UC with you foolbags, but I like a little variety.

P.S. The Demo ride last night was awesome. You missed out.

Down-trees like crazy on Ridge, but on Braille it was smooth sailing.
Whaaat? Where are you going?

Sorry I missed out on yet another night ride. I swear I want to do one. Especially after dropping some major skrilla on a light.

Jeff P.

Monkey
Nov 13, 2006
East Bay, Ca
XC'ers makes us sound like we are in shape :twitch: ...next time more breaks and more talking to photographers lol. Nice to see some other monkeys around.

woulda stopped and shot the **** a while, but was with a group of XC'ers (ugh) who didnt want to take any breaks.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Whaaat? Where are you going?

Sorry I missed out on yet another night ride. I swear I want to do one. Especially after dropping some major skrilla on a light.
We'll be out at a trail called Briones. The trailhead is appoximately 15 minutes from the Walnut Creek Performance. Kinda' a far drive for you guys, but a great XC climb, and a great heavy-AM decent (fast and steep... then smooth and flowy).

It's a good time, and it's nice to get out somewhere a little different for a change.

Rain rolls in next week.

We might be able to pull off a night ride on Tuesday night at Demo.

Are you down?

Surfkahakai

Chimp
May 20, 2007
Santa Clara, CA
Ben, I will try and have Sean post on here so you guys can talk more about photos and stuff. haha What are you doing this Saturday morning/afternoon?
Hey, I don't get on here too often...probably because I don't have it bookmarked *fixed that issue*.

I work the next two Saturdays but I'm off the following. Otherwise, I'm off Tue-Fri of next week.