Quantcast

Local jobs?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Anyone hiring? I need a new job. I am putting in my 2 weeks today at my current job at a web design company. I have tons of customer service and computer experience. Tell me about the opening and I can send you a resume. I am located in Santa Cruz so the closer to that the better.

-Josh

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I think you are making a huge mistake quitting before you have another job. I was unemployed for 9 months last year, and I am fortunate to be working today. P.S. I am an Unix Admin and I live in SF and work in Mt View now.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Dude, I wish I had time to fill you in on all of the details on how I am getting screwed and how I work for my aunt who treats me like garbage. I have worked here for over a year. I am doing this for the sake of keeping the family on good terms.

I have a couple things that might work, but I am going to have to take a serious pay cut. But looking at it now it would be worth it to not work with family.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
It was pretty obvious you must have some serious problems. If you handle long periods of unemployment, cool. If you can't, I would find that job before...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Yeah, I worked for Allume Systems (former Aladdin Systems) the company that makes StuffIt compression software and a couple other products for like a year and a half. But yeah man - I will keep that in mind for sure.

Raacerx

Monkey
Calmar Bicycles is looking for a mechanic/salesperson. Santa Clara, so not all that close, but I dont know how bad you need a job dude... I enjoy working there quite a bit actually. Not as lucrative as skilled labor or anything, but a ton less pressure.