Quantcast

local kills collegiate nationals. kinda cool

mattv2099

Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
Bellingham, WA
leana gerrard sweept the downhill and dual slalom at collegiate nationals this weekend and led her FLC team to the the overall omnium championship.... good job...

former rad racer aaron bradford won the mens downhill.

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
where do you get information on collegiate nationals, that would be a fun thing to do.

whoopnar

Monkey
Sep 11, 2004
Chico, CA
This weekend was so much fun. Any idea where it will be next year?

The mud was a little much in some places, but still a lot of fun.

L

Lightninleana

Thanks guys! I had so much fun this weekend! I have to give a lot of thanks to Michelin though who provided me with mud tires for this weekend that made all the difference. I must add to that I had a bit of an advantage being from WA in that mud, haha it was so much fun. Colligate nationals are a very unique race for sure, its the only one that has pros and every other catagory of riders competing against one another. In the downhill there were tons of XC girls racing who would just run their bikes down the hill to try to get some more point for their teams. I would be cool to see the race grow as well, there were tons of teams there but I know there could be a whole lot more. I didn't see any Washington teams, which was kinda a bummer because I know Western got some nice jerseys this year.
Thanks again, I'll be back home for Thanksgiving and I'm down for doing some riding maybe SST or something.

L

Lightninleana

Shredder said:
ditto on that. next year for sure. watch out fort lewis:sneaky:

Haha... right... there is no way, FLC kills, we have fast pro XC races, pro road racers (2nd place at jr words) pro DH and 4-Cross racers (it's unfair really) but I'd like to see you try.

L

Lightninleana

Thanks,
I'll be racing all the Norba's again and I get out of school the end of April so if there are any good locals I will do thoes too. I'm gonna try and get some world cups done, the whistler race, and the US open, and hopefully worlds again.
As far as sponsorship goes I will be with Cannondale again this year and with some great NW company!

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Lightninleana said:
As far as sponsorship goes I will be with Cannondale again this year and with some great NW company!
So some great NW company huh?? Tease! So who is running the team this next season?? I just found out at interbike that Adrian bailed just before the last season started. Who took his place? Congrats on the collegiate wins. Your rippin it girl! Keep us posted on how your doing!

L

Lightninleana

DH Diva said:
So some great NW company huh?? Tease! So who is running the team this next season?? I just found out at interbike that Adrian bailed just before the last season started. Who took his place? Congrats on the collegiate wins. Your rippin it girl! Keep us posted on how your doing!
Well Matt Jewett is still running the team he always has, he is the logistics guy, as far as a person at the races this year we had Happy Jack who was really fun, but for some reason didn't want to do it again this year. And for this year we have three different guys, (as well as three different Cannondale trucks) one for the East coast, one for the centeral, and one for the west coast. The East Coast guy is Patrick who used to work at Gregs Greenlake and wrenched for them at a lot of the WIM races, (you would recognize him if you saw him). Anyways I got to meet him again this last weekend in PA and I'm looking forward to working with him. I havn't met the other two guys yet but I hear they are pretty cool as well.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Congrats Leana, glad to see ya racing in the collegiate ranks!

With expenses over $10,000 (on the books) last year and only roughly $1500 coming in... there was no way we could afford sending the team. Hopefully this year our financial support comes through.

Shredder

Chimp
Sep 28, 2003
Bellingham, WA
Lightninleana said:
Haha... right... there is no way, FLC kills, we have fast pro XC races, pro road racers (2nd place at jr words) pro DH and 4-Cross racers (it's unfair really) but I'd like to see you try.
J/K we're not even in the same division, so it doesn't matter. We'll just LET you have division 1 while we walk away with the division 2 title :p

Then you'll say "darn, I should have gone to WWU where all of the talent is..."

In a few years, that is :rolleyes: