Quantcast

Local rides

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
There are several rides going on this weekend.

1. Warda aka Bluff creek ranch on sunday. The bike doc is selling out so you better get out there while you can. It probably wont be there for long.
2. Think I’m going to do lake Bryan tomorrow. There is a race there is 3 weeks.
3. Huntsville on Sunday. The race there is next weekend. There is a woman’s beginner rider clinic at 9. Then an all ride at 10.

If you need any info on any of these drop me a line.

Yankee Tim

Chimp
Aug 21, 2001
Denison, TX
Are there very many people here on this forum living in Texas? Just curious.

By the way, I currently live in McKinney, TX.

And, as you can probably tell from my name, Yankee Tim, I'm not originally from Texas. I hail from the wonderful state of Pennsylvania.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone.

Have a great day,

Tim

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Welcome yankie tim. Nope theres not many of use here but were getting more by the day. I sould probably know where mckinny is but i dont. I'm close to downtown houston. I've got the hookup with all the local bike clubs and happinings.
www.tmbra.org is a great all around resource for mtb but thier forum chit chat sucks. There is going to be a large group of riders riding sunday at Huntsville state park, you sould joins us there fun rides. You are welcome to email me or drop a message here, i check sometimes(hehehe).
tonydeore@hotmail.com
Later
t

Merwin5_10

Don't Mess With Texas!
Jul 6, 2001
Austin, Texas
McKinney, Texas

Just North of Dallas and Richardson, on I75. Home of one of the greatest trails in the area, Erwin Park. Do you mean that McKinney, Texas?

I love Erwin Park. There's a DORBA race the in two weeks. Sunday October 7, 2001. You should definetly look into attending.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by Merwin5_10
McKinney, Texas

Just North of Dallas and Richardson, on I75. Home of one of the greatest trails in the area, Erwin Park. Do you mean that McKinney, Texas?

I love Erwin Park. There's a DORBA race the in two weeks. Sunday October 7, 2001. You should definetly look into attending.
Thanks but the lake bryan race is the next weekend. I think i'm going to hang close to the house.

Yankee Tim

Chimp
Aug 21, 2001
Denison, TX
Yep, I'm aware of the Dorba race at Erwin Park. I'm thinking about trying it out. I haven't ever raced before. Will be a new experience. I'll at least be there to watch if I don't race.

I ride Erwin quite often since it's pretty much in my back yard. Great place to ride.

If you are ever up there and see me, green Ford Ranger w/ Trek hardtail, stop and say hello.

Later,

Tim

Merwin5_10

Don't Mess With Texas!
Jul 6, 2001
Austin, Texas
We're riding tomorrow morning 8:00 am. Grapevine lake Northshore Trail. If you'd like meet at Rockledge Park at 8:30 am. (I'm riding from my store to the trail.) Putting in 29 miles, brisk pace (about 70-80% race pace.) Love to see you there. Look for a blue and red Fisher Big Sur with a yellow Sella Pro Link sadle. I always ride with glasses and I'll have a giro E2 helmet on. Actually, we'll make it real easy. I'll be wearing my store's race gear. You CAN'T miss me in that.

Yankee Tim

Chimp
Aug 21, 2001
Denison, TX
Thanks for the invite. I just may join you if you don't mind. Weather permitting of course. The weather hasn't been on our side recently.

I've ridden there a couple of times. Nice trail as long as it isn't to crowded. I'm not sure what your ride pace is, but I'll try to keep up. I'm not in the best shape anymore. However, I'm working on that.

Anyway, I'm hoping to get out there tomorrow morning. I'll see you at Rockledge around 8:30am. If you don't see me there at that time, green Ford Ranger w/ Trek, I probably overslept so go on without me.

Later,

Tim

downhil

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
im one of the few dh'ers from texas...i think dirtworkz.com has rounded up all of us dh guys. about 15 for the entire state.

Merwin5_10

Don't Mess With Texas!
Jul 6, 2001
Austin, Texas
This Sunaday. Sport starts at 8:00 am. Begs and Expert affter.

GREAT, GREAT trail for racing. If you've even joked about trying a race. Try this one.