Quantcast

Local SS'er in the NORBA's Top 40 Sport Class

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
For NORBA Men's Sport 30-34 Cross Country Rankings...

Problem is they only have about 1/2 the races listed that he competed in. He should be further up the list than where he is but Single Speed racing really isn't accepted in NORBA so there is no point structure for him.

What's dicked-up is that he gets points only if they post the results in the Sport Class.

That's screwed up.

Any idea when NORBA is going to make it fair to the SS class racers?

Oh... heads-up Texas SS'ers... he's gunning for #1 this year and he's been racing & placing in the Fall AR series....

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
pfffft..........I'm 205th (overall - sport)
and 1 of the 3 races I did last year didnt count cause only 4 of us finished!

:D

oh, yeah and I dont race an ss :rolleyes:

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
N8 said:
Any idea when NORBA is going to make it fair to the SS class racers?
Just race is whatever your normal class is. Seems simple enough. Is there a full suspension class now too? Tubeless tire class?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
riderx said:
Just race is whatever your normal class is. Seems simple enough. Is there a full suspension class now too? Tubeless tire class?

I guess there is another side of the argument:

SS'ers might have advantage since the standings are based on number of races and their placing.

A rider could do a geared race with 40 racers, flat and get 40th, or do a SS race with 9 racers, flat and get 9th. He will get better points and has less competetion in SS, but gets the same points as the other sport racers....