Quantcast

Local Yokels set to release Oct. 15th

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Straight from the homeland of freeride mountain biking, Clean Cut Films has produced a 40 minute film that will keep viewers glued to the screen, eagerly anticipating the next array of talented freeriders. From no foot cans off 35 foot gaps to high speed downhill racing to uniquely technical street, Local Yokels offers a wide variety of riding that will appeal to most audiences. The film, shot in eight British Columbia cities, features Kamloops, Vancouver, Nelson, Kaslo, and Rossland. Two years in the making, the film has discovered many of BC's finest freeriders shredding up their local trails and streets. These "Local Yokels" are the soul, spirit, and future of mountain biking.

For more information, visit http://www.cleancutfilms.ca/

Right click and 'save as' to view the teaser (19mb):

http://community.netidea.com/degrace/clean_cut/rider_videos/Local Yokels broadband.mov

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
that trailer is sweet (as it was two weeks ago), but that music + "hot like the sun and wet like the rain" synchronization is really lame...

bbob

Chimp
Oct 13, 2004
thats a tough trailer, might have to get me a copy.. I reckon the music suits it tho.. A change from all the hard rock for once...

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
that teaser is sweet, gunna get me a copy of the movie when it comes out, well now that i think of it, it is out, does anybody know how the editing and music is, or the actual content?

j-bone

Chimp
Mar 16, 2004
Nelson BC!
Yea this movie is awesome. I've seen it a couple times. I'm friends with the filmmaker and I helped film a bit for it. His filming and editing is top notch. Definately a must see.

plus, I'm in it :p

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
It's funny to hear people complain about the music, because for once there is a change from the constant drone of different levels of rock. The music of current bike videos has been the only thing keeping me from buying them, and when I have, I usually mute them and play some music of my own. So when I saw this trailer, I though "wow, it's about time someone made a good sountrack." I will be buying this DVD because of the music, as I imagine will a lot of people like me. A little variety goes a long way... in this case it permits the DVD to travel internationally to my doorstep in Bellingham, which it wouldn't be doing if it had the same old style of music (that I happen to think does not fit biking at all, because for me, techno beats go through my head when I ride. Rock, and especially punk seem to clash with biking footage, but that is just my opinion which you're welcome to disagree with, and I'm sure you will following my post ;) ).

j-bone

Chimp
Mar 16, 2004
Nelson BC!
erikkellison said:
It's funny to hear people complain about the music, because for once there is a change from the constant drone of different levels of rock. The music of current bike videos has been the only thing keeping me from buying them, and when I have, I usually mute them and play some music of my own. So when I saw this trailer, I though "wow, it's about time someone made a good sountrack." I will be buying this DVD because of the music, as I imagine will a lot of people like me. A little variety goes a long way... in this case it permits the DVD to travel internationally to my doorstep in Bellingham, which it wouldn't be doing if it had the same old style of music (that I happen to think does not fit biking at all, because for me, techno beats go through my head when I ride. Rock, and especially punk seem to clash with biking footage, but that is just my opinion which you're welcome to disagree with, and I'm sure you will following my post ;) ).
Thank You!
Some of these people just expect every biking video to be like disorder. But the disorder movies are just boring. metal, slowmotion, cross fades, and straight cuts for 40 min. Plus they just have way too much money for their own good. Disorder 5 was ok for the first 5 minutes then it just got boring and I almost fell asleep :p .

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Great flick. A little too '3second' clip for me. But what I can remember, looks great :) (can't wait till my road trip in the spring)

As for the music. I don't much like techno uinless I am a little messed. But I happy to hear no hiphop. That sound tracks sounds signifigantly better than nwdV. Good job