Quantcast

Loco will do anything to get out of trailwork.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
loco said:
Taking a break from the hospital to run some errands. Caroline's fever was under 100 this morning, and her eyes looked good. She is getting some antibiotics for the pneumonia, but I think the eating is helping her most. Lots of pee and poop, so she is still working. Thanks again for the good thoughts, folks.
Very good to hear!!! Please keep us updated and make sure to try and get some rest (you and Julie both) as Caroline is going to need her parents healthy :thumb:

J

JRB

Temp is normal and O2 sat was 98% with 1/8 liter of help. They have stopped oxygen for now and are monitoring her without it. They are reducing IV fluids, and I will just feed her every hour or two. This is lots of work. See MMike's thread about the 9 month old that kept me from sleeping any last night. Julie did sleep all night though. I hope we are over the hump and about through with all of this.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
loco said:
Temp is normal and O2 sat was 98% with 1/8 liter of help. They have stopped oxygen for now and are monitoring her without it. They are reducing IV fluids, and I will just feed her every hour or two. This is lots of work. See MMike's thread about the 9 month old that kept me from sleeping any last night. Julie did sleep all night though. I hope we are over the hump and about through with all of this.
Awesome! It's good they are getting her off alot. I hope she is fine without it, I'm sure she will be. You just need to think about now and not in 9 months. Babies can be so different, you could get really lucky and not have to do much work. Just relax about the future. I'm sure you already know this though.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
loco said:
Great to hear, Loco! You can thank me later. :cool:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Sending prayers and good thoughts your way Loco! Sounds like she's getting better and will be home with mom and dad soon. :thumb:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I just read this too....yikes!

All my best to your little one!!

J

JRB

They put her back on O2 earlier because her saturation dropped to 88, but they are trying to keep her off again. I took her down for a chest x-ray and that was clear. They have stopped antibiotics and reduced fluids to 6 mL per hour. They wanted to send her home today, but I asked to stay 1 more night. If she is not well, I am sure that they won't deem it the emergency that I would when I take her back.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
loco said:
They put her back on O2 earlier because her saturation dropped to 88, but they are trying to keep her off again. I took her down for a chest x-ray and that was clear. They have stopped antibiotics and reduced fluids to 6 mL per hour. They wanted to send her home today, but I asked to stay 1 more night. If she is not well, I am sure that they won't deem it the emergency that I would when I take her back.
Good to hear her positive progress. I thought of you all last night when my little one was squirming around and preventing sleep. I hope today is even better :thumb:

J

JRB

Thanks, Treesaw. I am waiting on another O2 sat test to remain high. They put her on oxygen again, but I am convinced that their meter isn't right, due to inconsistencies. They are looking for a different, better machine. The doctor wants her home, and so do I, but I want to make darned sure she is well. She is eating like a pig, and everything looks great, except I think her breathing is labored. I may just see about bringing O2 home for a day or so. Thanks to all for the concern. I know that is helping her get better.

J

JRB

While not totally convinced of the O2 readings, we are home. Caroline is eating well and looks a lot better. They gave us the number and said that we can come back if we have to. Kind of a pass around the ER. Wish us luck.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
loco said:
Thanks, Treesaw. I am waiting on another O2 sat test to remain high. They put her on oxygen again, but I am convinced that their meter isn't right, due to inconsistencies. They are looking for a different, better machine. The doctor wants her home, and so do I, but I want to make darned sure she is well. She is eating like a pig, and everything looks great, except I think her breathing is labored. I may just see about bringing O2 home for a day or so. Thanks to all for the concern. I know that is helping her get better.
She's lucky to have such a caring family! :thumb: Glad to hear that she's home. Keep us updated on her progress!!!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
loco said:
While not totally convinced of the O2 readings, we are home. Caroline is eating well and looks a lot better.

:thumb: X 100 X 100

Glad to hear it.

J

JRB

I spent the entire night nervous and mostly up, watching the kid. She looks OK this morning. I hope we have a good day and can wait to see the pediatrician in the morning.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
loco said:
I spent the entire night nervous and mostly up, watching the kid. She looks OK this morning. I hope we have a good day and can wait to see the pediatrician in the morning.
I doubted you'd get too much sleep last night or tonight, but I am glad she's home and doing well. Good luck tomorrow at the Dr.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
loco said:
Well since I pulled ANOTHER all nighter, you should have called and discussed recent political issues.

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
loco said:
I just read this thread....well, parts of it...glad to hear she's feeling better...I'll send some "Irie" healing vibes her way...

I was wondering why you weren't joining in calling me a fat ass last week...you actually had something important to tend to...

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
goodtobeIrie said:
I just read this thread....well, parts of it...glad to hear she's feeling better...I'll send some "Irie" healing vibes her way...

I was wondering why you weren't joining in calling me a fat ass last week...you actually had something important to tend to...

Hey hey

Wanna go ride?

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
chicodude said:
Hey hey

Wanna go ride?
the trails are still closed...they're being super anal this year...and people have been getting mtbers in trouble for poaching the closed trails...still stuck with riding the road on my mtbike...not to mention...jackass hasn't given me my brakes back or put my DH bike back together...

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
goodtobeIrie said:
the trails are still closed...they're being super anal this year...and people have been getting mtbers in trouble for poaching the closed trails...still stuck with riding the road on my mtbike...not to mention...jackass hasn't given me my brakes back or put my DH bike back together...

Weak. I NEED DH

I'll go play at mah jumps I suppose.

J

JRB

goodtobeIrie said:

Well - I did have important stuff, but since Lisa is not here much, and you made me laugh, I put you on my list of most liked posters. Sorry to not have piled on. I missed that thread for the most part, but like I said, I wasn't much up for it. :D

edit - thanks for the good thoughts for my little sweet heart.

J

JRB

All the good thoughts worked. Sorry to post up so late, but Caroline has been home for 2 weeks and is eating good and gaining like a little pig. Super cool kid. I recommend one like her to anyone. :thumb:

*she still only weighed 6 lbs 12 1/2 oz on Friday when she was last weighed.

J

JRB

Just got news that Caroline's cord finally fell off. I was just thinking last night, "one month is 2 weeks longer than they said it would take". However, since she was actually due on January 25th, maybe it only took 5 days to fall off. :think:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
loco said:
All the good thoughts worked. Sorry to post up so late, but Caroline has been home for 2 weeks and is eating good and gaining like a little pig. Super cool kid. I recommend one like her to anyone. :thumb:

yea, but she's improving!!! :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
loco said:

YEAH!!! Now if mine ever comes out I will be able to share in the joy :D
Glad to hear that she is doing well....now, get some more recent photos up here Mr.!

J

JRB

TreeSaw said:
YEAH!!! Now if mine ever comes out I will be able to share in the joy :D
Glad to hear that she is doing well....now, get some more recent photos up here Mr.!
I will try to do so tomorrow night. I plan to ride this evening. Good luck today. ;) I hope your labor is as fast as Julie's was.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
loco said:
I will try to do so tomorrow night. I plan to ride this evening. Good luck today. ;) I hope your labor is as fast as Julie's was.
Thanks! Have a good ride too. I am REALLY hoping it's today as the Dr. and I have an apt. to discuss my other options tomorrow and I really want to do the natural thing!