Quantcast

Logan Mulally Signs with Specialized/GROM

Ridemonkey.com

News & Reviews
Jun 26, 2009

The younger of the two Mulally brothers has inked a deal that will see him riding a Demo 8 and an SX in 2011, as well as all the other Specialized bikes. Read on for the full release on Logan's plans for this year...
---

Source: Tim Price - Specialized/GROM

Specialized/GROM proudly announces the addition of East Coast talent, Logan Mulally, for the 2011 season. Logan had many options for 2011. Choosing our program not only pushes us forward towards our goal of preparing young American riders for International competition, but takes Logan to the next level as well. We are honored that he chose Specialized/GROM.

Christopher Herndon- Team Director, former National Champion and World Cup competitor say’s of his team's latest addition: “I’ve had a long relationship with the Mulally family and have seen Logan develop since he was 10 years old racing at Snowshoe, WV. Having the opportunity to introduce and prepare him for World Cup competition is very inspiring. He has an incredible natural talent and we want to compliment that talent with a solid program designed to prepare him both mentally and physically. We have some incredible young riders in our program and Logan exemplifies what we’re looking for in those riders. He has a lot of experience for such a young athlete and we know the rest of our riders will benefit from having him on the team.”

Logan recognizes that there is more to winning races than just talent. Specialized/GROM’s training program is focused on preparing riders to compete and win races internationally. Logan’s goals are high, and so are his skills. We have a solid program that produces solid riders and Logan is the next step in bridging the gap between great domestic competitors and great international competitors. Combining Logan’s talent with our tailor made program will take us both to the next level of racing.

We are excited that Logan will be representing Specialized/GROM in Europe this season. We need to prepare our riders for the next level of competition and this is our first opportunity to prove we can deliver American talent to the International racing scene and show that our riders are physically and mentally prepared to perform at a World Class level. “Our mission is to develop US talent and offer a well rounded program. I think for Logan it’s about being able to work with our staff and fully develop him into a well trained and well disciplined World Cup competitor” -Christopher Herndon

Logan says, “I’ve known Chris and Tim for as long as I’ve been racing mountain bikes. Chris has always been there in the background doing things to help us whenever he could. When it came time for me to make a decision for 2011, I was offered several really generous opportunities to choose from. For me, it all came down to the hands on approach I knew I would get from the Specialized/GROM racing program. Tim raced World Championships both years as a junior and I know he has a lot experience and advice to offer about upper level competition. I’ve ridden with the GROM squad and am very impressed with the professionalism of the program and the riders. I see a solid structure for me to build a world cup career upon. Chris and Tim have the experience to help me get there prepared to win. I am ready for a great season in 2011!”

We are looking forward to seeing what a winter of training alongside big brother Neko will do for Logan, and everyone is excited to see where this next chapter will take us. Look for Specialized/GROM at our first race of the season, the Port Angeles Pro GRT. Check out Grom Racing for more news and a full race schedule. Specialized/GROM is proudly partnered with Specialized Bikes, SRAM, Cane Creek, Industry Nine, Sycamore Cycles and Snowshoe Mountain for 2011.

-Tim Price
GROM Coach

Attachments

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
^^

Agreed - props to Herndon and Specialized for their tremendous support.

With that in mind, I think we need a similar program for geriatric racers like myself. Maybe get a national chain funeral home (i.e. "Quiet Times Funeral Services, Inc.") to sponsor us, and have Wilford Brimley as our coach/mentor. Not much DH race experience, but I really like oatmeal.

Seriously, great news and I look forward to seeing the whole team at Mass in a couple months.

Last edited: