Quantcast

Logs, logs, logs

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I got a tour of a "new to me" place this past Sunday courtesy of BullitGrrl, Mr BullitGrrl and several other riders. I had heard there were a lot of logs at this place and they were right! There had to be at least a couple dozen of them (the logs you ride along the top of, not the ones you ride up and over...although there were also plenty of the latter).

Early November means leaves covering the trails, and those leaves hid lots of rocks. I got my ass kicked. I had a blast though. Real technical trails here even for Connecticut. Can't wait to get back so MBC can ride here. :)

Anyway, here some pics that show a sample of the logs...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Trish, our tour guide.

Joe Dirt on a long log ride..probably 2-3 feet off the ground. I did not try this one.

Ed did it as well.

BullitGrrl on another log, further along the trail.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Trish had been eyeing this one for a couple of rides now and finally nailed it.

followed by Joe Dirt.

Last pic...Trish on an up-and-downer. I fell off the top of this one and landed on my ass. Fortunately my bike was ok.

I missed the first half of the Pats/Colts game on account of this ride, but I guess it was worth it. :D

werd

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Awesome use of the materials available. Much different from the log rides out here in the PNW though more and more chain saw splitting and cut and adze cutting is going on. It's quicker than building ladders and lasts longer too.

Nice shots. Anything like that near Rochester, NY? I may be getting a company trip out and can definately bring my shoes/pedals/helmet.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Miller's is fun! I love that place!

How about some more log ride pics from there?

(i finally managed to clean this last one, on my last visit out there.)

It's a bit over an hour from me. Anyone want to hit it up sometime next week?