Quantcast

Logs/Trees needed for Colonnade

juice

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
Seattle
There's a couple windstorms brewing and we need logs! I figure with all this wind there will be a lot of trees available so keep your eyes peeled. We need 50 trees, about a 50/50 mix of fir and cedar.

Here's what we need:
1. Douglas Fir. Sections 6' long or longer, 15" in diameter or greater.
18"+ is ideal. These will be used for logrides and bridge supports.

2. Cedar. Sections 3' or longer. 18" diameter or greater, and nothing too crooked. These will be used for logrides and to split up into rungs for ladder bridges.

We can not accept any other species of tree. Hauling the trees is the
trick, so if you can go pick these up and have them delivered to Colonnade, that would be great. We can haul some moderate size logs with Art's truck or some bigger trees in my flatbed if we have a decent sized load. However, I'm really tight on time, so it would need to be a big load for me to be able to sneak away from work.

If you know of a source or trees or you can help round some up, please contact jon@bbtc.org or calling our office at 206-524-2900.

Colonnade thanks you!

Justin

Jun 18, 2004
What about that bigass tree that fell and they choped into 4 ft logs at the courner of Yestler and Broadway? could that be used... it's close...

juice

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
Seattle
Is the pump track done?
Not yet. Email jon@bbtc.org if you'd like to come out and volunteer on the project to help us git'er done.

Short on time? You can donate to the project and help us buy more materials, pay crew leaders, buy equipment and rent machinery - all of which would help us get done faster. Colonnade has already opened the door for 2 new skills parks in our area, so helping this project is actually helping build future parks.

http://bbtc.org/donate/