Quantcast

Lone Peaks Revenge

dcamp29

Monkey
Feb 14, 2004
Colorado
has anyone done this race before? im thinking of going instead of doing the snowmass race on the same weekend(aug. 20-21)

how is the track and riding etc. at big sky?

Jou

Monkey
May 16, 2004
Powell/Laramie, Wyoming
Me and a bunch of friends are going, ill be the complaining about my hangover. Didn't race it last year, but my friends say it's pretty tough, couple steep rocky decents(i think your supposed to jump one of them now).

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
course was sick so pissed i didnt get to race. some a hole kicked up a big log infront of me on sole hole and broke three of my toes

Jou

Monkey
May 16, 2004
Powell/Laramie, Wyoming
Race was sweet. And I got to da a run down Sole Hole with Lance and Chris Canfield! 2nd run my rear brake got ****ed up and i tried the waterfall w/no rear brake....bad news bears.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Wow, Lance and Chris Canfield were there. Why the heck were they in MT at Big Sky? Were there any other big names? Do they have times posted yet?

What is Sole Hole?

Any pics?

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
eli from big crank mat from goride and a few others. the payout was sick. dave i talked to brinzey and he said you guys were all injured and couldnt make it. best course i have ridden imho. sole hole is a sweet ass trail with lots of decent sized gaps and small 3 foot drops at race speeds (if you dont ride like a panzy) with tons of well built berms (omg one section of this trail little gap, pedal through a turn drop down a hill pedal big step up/ gap to berm (if you do this right you land in the berm) then it turns into 6 awesome tight ass berms in a row on the sides of this narrow ravene. big sky is easily the best untapped riding in the us. its open during the week day. give me a call sometime and ill try and meet people up there and show you around. the amount, quality, techinicallity, and fun of the trails up there is awesome