Quantcast

Long DJ frames?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
6'4", 215#. Last two frames I really liked were a Yeti 4x and Cove Stiffe SL. I still had to use a 75mm stem on the Yeti because it was a little short, but that rode perfect. I'm looking for something to replace it, cheap, but strong enough to handle heavy rider load. I prefer gears, but not married to them. I'm assuming my size means at least 26" but maybe 27.5" wheels?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
6'4", 215#. Last two frames I really liked were a Yeti 4x and Cove Stiffe SL. I still had to use a 75mm stem on the Yeti because it was a little short, but that rode perfect. I'm looking for something to replace it, cheap, but strong enough to handle heavy rider load. I prefer gears, but not married to them. I'm assuming my size means at least 26" but maybe 27.5" wheels?
I've got a long DJ I was likely going to shift this summer. Need to trim our herd down from 14 bikes.

GT, single speed, I'll look up the model and details and send to you.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I've got a long DJ I was likely going to shift this summer. Need to trim our herd down from 14 bikes.

GT, single speed, I'll look up the model and details and send to you.
I might want to head up your way when we're allowed to see people again, just to ride it around the driveway to see if it's long enough.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
23" top tube :rofl: the wookie needs something closer to 25".

is money an issue? maybe mtg can make you a large pedalhead with a small seattube.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm looking for a much cheaper bike, so old isn't an issue. Building up a new bike would be close to $2k; that's not what I'm looking to do by any means.