Quantcast

Long Lows?

basikbiker

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Northern Cali
So i been thinkin of puttin in a lil jump setup stuff before the main sets and makin a long low seems like a fun lil way to launch into sum jumps. my question really is how big have yall made em? i used to have a sketch one with bout a 12 foot gap and the lander was only 1.5 foot tall and the launch bout the same. if you guys have pics id love to see em or any other roller/launch roll in setup stuff

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Long lows ****ing rule. We have to have them at our trails.
20 feet is a good distance, if you want to go big on your next set.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
long lows ****ing rule.
fo sho

if your dub is 12' i think your starting point should be matching up the gaps--making the long-low also 12' peak to peak. you can obviously change it, depending on steepness and other factors. but there is nothing worse than a setup jump being too close together requiring you to go too slow, or alternatively a setup that is too long, giving you too much speed for the first dub.

Last edited:

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
I have one that is a small step up to table. You can gap the whole thing if you want speed or you can stepup and manual the table portion if you want to slow down a little or you can manual the first part and bump jump the table portion if you want to go really slow. Its good because it is a setup for multiple lines.

basikbiker

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Northern Cali
dude that hip looks sickter. so im gonna put in another roller so you gotta manual thru em but before that ill have the long low which will be like right outa a right hander berm. and to mix it up a bit more i made a teeter totter thats 15 foot long and the pivot is from and old actuator on a big old satellite dish so i welded it up and bolted the redwood board on and im gonna use it at the top of the rollin trail to get ya started. the plan is to only have a pedal stroke to get started thru the entire set. we shall see