Quantcast

Long rant about roadies and repair work

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I would have told him to get his junk fixed at the shop 'down the road' all 50 miles of it.

I dont think they were real roadies or even avid riders because they would (a) have worn out stuff before and not been suprised and (b) would have been able to fix it themselves.

Those were guys that bought expensive bikes 3-4 years ago after watching the Tour de France and have had their crap sitting in their garage until this year when they happened to flip the channel to OLN.

- JB

Woggle Bear

Chimp
May 8, 2002
Northcentral Louisiana
Originally posted by golgiaparatus
I would have told him to get his junk fixed at the shop 'down the road' all 50 miles of it.

I dont think they were real roadies or even avid riders because they would (a) have worn out stuff before and not been suprised and (b) would have been able to fix it themselves.

Those were guys that bought expensive bikes 3-4 years ago after watching the Tour de France and have had their crap sitting in their garage until this year when they happened to flip the channel to OLN.

- JB
He rides everyday to and from the university where he teaches engineering. He is just a tightwad. He has sence become a good customer. So I guess I handled him correctly.

I do know the type you are talking about. I have turned away a ton of old Raleighs and Treks. Owned by clods that saw 10min of "The Tour" on TV and now want to ride the MS150. They could buy a new bike for what it would take to fix the dumpster fodder they dragged in here:angry:

I just had a guy drag in a 7 year old Raleigh(great shape) and a old trek mtb(wreck), he wants to put the bars/levers off the trek on to the Raleigh road bike:confused: mmmmmm...Ok...why?"Well I just want to be more comfortable and can't afford a new bike" <---as he stands in front of his 02/03 Excursion. mmmm ok I can make this work. "Can you have it ready today?" <---it's 5:40 and I close at 6! Hahaha

What ever:)

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Oh my god! I didn't know you had old dude for a customer... you are not a lucky man at all.

Originally posted by Woggle Bear

He rides everyday to and from the university where he teaches engineering. He is just a tightwad. He has sence become a good customer. So I guess I handled him correctly.

I do know the type you are talking about. I have turned away a ton of old Raleighs and Treks. Owned by clods that saw 10min of "The Tour" on TV and now want to ride the MS150. They could buy a new bike for what it would take to fix the dumpster fodder they dragged in here:angry:

I just had a guy drag in a 7 year old Raleigh(great shape) and a old trek mtb(wreck), he wants to put the bars/levers off the trek on to the Raleigh road bike:confused: mmmmmm...Ok...why?"Well I just want to be more comfortable and can't afford a new bike" <---as he stands in front of his 02/03 Excursion. mmmm ok I can make this work. "Can you have it ready today?" <---it's 5:40 and I close at 6! Hahaha

What ever:)