Quantcast

Long time no talk

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Hey guys! It's been a while since I've posted on here. Lots of fun and exciting things have been going on in my life the last couple years.

I've been riding my mtb around once a month, not as much as I'd like, but I'm still riding heh. I've really been enjoying the 2015 Specialized Eduro Elite (27.5).
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Little slow mo
https://instagram.com/p/9kEDjmSRzsIBBEDtjcV3Je3efWl5PQnAfjSEI0/

I've also been spending some of time on my dirt bike, did a few endurance events, hare scrambles, and even rode the Rubicon trail with some buddies.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And I've also been spending a lot of time on my adventure bike. This last year I've hit Death Valley and most of the west coast of California. My most recent trip included camping on the beach up in Fort Bragg.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

But I think the thing I am the most stoked on recently is finding out that I am going to be a dad. My first kid is due January 24th and I couldn't be more excited. It is a boy! I am going to have a son. Still trying to wrap my head around it. I can't freaking wait to meet him.

Couple shots from my wife and I camping down in Big Sur on New Years Eve:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And finally my son to be (3D ultrasound image):
image.jpeg

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Welcome to dad hood. If you think you're not riding much now, just wait.

But its a pretty good tradeoff. Except when they throw up in your mouth.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Thanks everyone, seriously so stoked.

Final countdown. T-13 days until b-day (estimated).

Curious if he's going to show up early or not, my wife and her sister both came 2 weeks early. Same with her sisters kid. Then again my brother came 3 weeks late (WTF, glad they don't let them cook that long anymore haha) and I was a planned c-section 2 weeks early. All 3 of my brothers kid came early too.

Could be anytime now.

Icantdrive65

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
Chinquapin fire road
Congratulations Josh! My boy is 2 years old now. It is a lot of fun and a lot of lost sleep.

I sneak my rides in before work. The boss doesn't mind if I get in a little late. Glad I'm self-employed.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Thanks everyone!

Haven't had a chance to post until now, but today my son is 1 week old.

Miles Adler Maurer was born 1/19/16 at 5:50am, 6lbs 5oz, 18 1/2 inches long.

Both him and my wife are doing great and we were able to come home 4 days after the birth. So stoked, so proud.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg