Quantcast

Longdale Furnace

Nov 3, 2003
Virginia
Hello, anybody explored the Longdale Furnace area for riding. I heard it may or may not be an area that can be shuttled.
It's between Lexington and Clifton Forge, on the way to Douthat state park.
I've been past it thousands of times, never stopped to explore...

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
I used to live up that way (in Buena Vista) and from what I can recall there's not much of anything up there. That being said, I wasn't very well versed in that particular area. I'll ask some good friends from Lexington who rode up there a lot more than me and they may know something.

I'll get back to you as soon as I find anything out! If you find something in the meantime, PLEASE let me know as my parents still live up there.
I can tell you that there's at least 3 shuttle-able trails Near/just outside BV. As well as some stuff I built on some private land which you're welcome to ride.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
I can definitely confirm that it may or may not be an area that can be shuttled. I can confirm this for all other areas in the state as well.

Sorry, I just couldn't help it! :imstupid:

mtwhore

Chimp
Jun 20, 2006
Harrisonburg
Im on it. I will will do a little research. Longdale rings a bell, and Im certain I know someone who has ridden it and can give an accurate desription.
Always traveling into that area, I wouldnt mind hitting it up. I know where its at, just dont know what bike would be the best for the fun level.