Quantcast

Longmont Skatepark!

Lux Interior

Monkey
Jun 18, 2005
That looks so sweet, I can't wait for it to open..Anybody else gonna be out there when it opens? The bikers need to represent, or it will end up like Boulder Park.

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
From a google search -

"Tentative grand opening June 28, 2006

Although the skate park area is getting closer to completion, there are still some dangerous features in the area as well as joint sealing, etc., on-going. Access would disturb drying time of sealing and compromise the final finish of the park, so please assist us in staying out of the area until it is completely finished! This nearly 24,000 square foot skate park will be open to skaters and bicycles.

skateboard The total skate park project cost is nearly $704,000! The park will be lighted until park closing time of 11PM, with a push button to activate lights to full brightness. An energy saving feature will reduce the lighting levels until the button is pushed. A horn will sound prior to the lights shutting off for the night, so it will be important for skaters to heed the horn so they can safely leave the area prior to total dark out. Picnic tables and a drinking fountain will be available for skate park visitors, as well as a shelter for shade. Restrooms will be available nearby in the adjacent kids Adventure Playground. "

Dang - 24,000 sq feet - that's pretty well sized!

Looks like SITE design is handling it - one of their 'street' projects . . . http://www.sitedesigngroup.com/project.php4?PID=117&Cat=streetplaza

Lux Interior

Monkey
Jun 18, 2005
WOW!!!! I didn't even know about that! I'll go find out tomorrow. Damn I can ride Loveland after work, Longmont at night and Gunbarrel when ever. I hope my body and my bikes are ready for this summer.

Lux Interior

Monkey
Jun 18, 2005
Loveland looks llike the same condition as Longmont, it's fenced off, but all they need todo is finish landscaping and whatever. Looks SICK!!

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
i hate you all. our new park opens up in 15 days and they dont allow bikes in it, to bad we have sessioned the crap out of it already at night

Haplipe

Monkey
Feb 7, 2006
Arvada
dexter said:
i hate you all. our new park opens up in 15 days and they dont allow bikes in it, to bad we have sessioned the crap out of it already at night
Its your fault for leaving CO :rofl: