Quantcast

Look: IPO 90 Downhill bike

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
I have never heard of this before. I stumbled across this this morning, check it out. Looks like an interesting design, I'm not sure how much I like it.

Designed in Rhino 2.0 CNC on a Maka. The new IPO 90 Downhill bike. Gearbox in the main frame. 'Telelever' front suspension with 'Antidive' nearly 9 inch front and rear suspension with best performance.
Here's where I found it

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Wooo, I like that anti-dive concept/idea/design. Kinda like a floater for your front end. I think there should be a bumper between the main frame and that swingarm tho, just incase. Hell, w/ that design, you can have a super trick damper only between there and fork w/ springs alone, simplifying the forks' internals.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
RhinofromWA said:
I'd say it will flex "nearly 9"s

:D

The front end is nothing new.....it was just never popular. Didn't the White bike (was that it's name?) use a cantilevered front end?
Yeah, you're right. I guess the Girvin/Proflex forks used the same concept as I talked about, as did the old AMP forks.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
It seems like it might introduce some forces on the headset that a headset is not designed for. Hard to tell from just that one picture though.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
golgiaparatus said:
Corrct me if I'm wrong, but, if that thing is from rhino... isnt it rendered? i.e. not real?
Although the name is cool.....

:rolleyes:

Can you build something off of Rhino? I know little other than the name of the program. Can you use the Rhino program to build a bike? ('cause I have no clue....well less than usual)

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
golgiaparatus said:
Corrct me if I'm wrong, but, if that thing is from rhino... isnt it rendered? i.e. not real?
I'll correct you. It was designed in Rhino and then made, it says something like that in the full caption under the picture on the site. I also know because I have those pedals, and I dont know who would take the time to design those...

Hey, where's the rolling eye smilie?? I liked that one the most! :eek: