Quantcast

look like i'm going to get a travis but....

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i have a delima. i don't know if i want to get the sc or the dc one. either way it would be the 180mm version.

the sc has the avantage of a better steerering raduis and it about a pound lighter

but

the dc has an intergated stem would be stiffer, and steerer more perisicely. also the intergrated stem save the bike about .5 pounds, becuase i don't need a stem. effectively make the dc only .5 ponud heavier

how do people like the intergrated stem on the dorado?? it look to be the same and also can it have a 70mm long option?

the application would be for a soul sluggo that i'm going to be biulding up over the winter at a fr and dh hardtail. the frame is designed for a 170mm fork, so that will not be an issue. i would like to keep it around 35-36 lbs. both fork should be srong enough for the bike because i don't plan on doing any drop over the 12-15 foot mark.

also i know that no one has any experance with the fork yet but interbike is could up (but i can't go) and people will get to ride the fork there.

so help me decide

thanks

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
The only problem with the Travis that you are going to run into is the fact that you will not be able to get one untill after X-mas! I called Manitou last week to inquire about the release date for the Travis and due to "certian issues" the fork will not be released untill then. Originally, they were planning on releasing the fork after interbike but that is no longer the case

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Get the SC one. Everyone (like all the IH guys) always say that the SC manitous are as stiff as everyone elses DC forks, so just get the SC, that's what it's for right?

Jan 29, 2005
SC no doubt, especially on the sluggo, i have a titan set up with a 66 and a long travel SC fits the soul cycles setup beautifully!

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
well the time delay doesn't boughter me because this bike is going to take a long time to build. it probible will not be done until springbreak of next year or so. you know how it is at college no time and low funds