Quantcast

Look out....the newest NW threat!!!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Sick! I presume that not just some random kid you were following around with a camera? He already has the metal look down.

I cant wait myself.... i have a trike in waiting....

chunga

Chimp
Mar 21, 2003
seattle
holliswood said:
Nice pics!
It's always cool to see the little rippers! :thumb:
But, instead of buying him a full suspension bike, Get the kid a damn helmet first!
He's got one. We just didn't have one last weekend. He was freaking out for me to watch him ride, I couldn't say no.

:nope:

chunga

Chimp
Mar 21, 2003
seattle
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Have you checked Walmart or Fred Meyer? Not sure of any actual shops off the top of my head, but perhaps Greenlake Cycles would be a good place to start.
Got Google?

Great...I'm making suggestions so that a 7y.o. can lay ownage upon me by the time he's 10.:p
He's not even 5 yet. love's the manuals.
He's gonna lay some serious ownage on me as well.

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
Curious as to why you wanna put him on a fully right away. Far and away the best Mt Bikers I know have BMX backgrounds. Let him master the rigid before moving him to the next level. But who am I to talk ... I ain't hit no 45'ers.
F'ng huge props to the boy - he's gonna be one mad dog when he hits double digits. :thumb:

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
I gotta tell ya that I've got almost 5 years and 2 kids through a $99 Toys r Us full sus bike. Just make sure you pick all of them up first. Some are real heavy.( This one's a Pacific.)
I have the older one (10) in a Kona Hula now that was a hand me down from a friend's daughter who rides.
The 7 year old is already doing teeters and skinnies and will be passing his brother very soon.
The best 99 bucks I ever spent.

BuddhaRoadkill said:
Curious as to why you wanna put him on a fully right away. Far and away the best Mt Bikers I know have BMX backgrounds. Let him master the rigid before moving him to the next level. But who am I to talk ... I ain't hit no 45'ers.
F'ng huge props to the boy - he's gonna be one mad dog when he hits double digits. :thumb:
Chunga was a AA Bmx pro back in the day... So the fruit doesn't fall very far from the tree...

Anyways, sick pics! I agree - kid's a maddog! :thumb:

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
BuddhaRoadkill said:
I Wouldnt say a BMX, becuase that isnt a mountain bike. I'd say a hardtail Mtn bike. I am glad I learned on a HT because it taught me how to control my bike pretty good.
16 inch HT with a 5" fork I'd say.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
BuddhaRoadkill said:
I agree 100%.

knucklebutt

Chimp
Jan 20, 2004
chunga said:
I'm looking for a 16 inch full suspension bike already.
He's already outgrown his 12 incher.
Forget the full suspension, get him to the nearest BMX track to race 5 & under novice! The little guys pic up skills pretty quick on a BMX track and is great fun.

knucklebutt

Chimp
Jan 20, 2004
BuddhaRoadkill said:
You need help finding a BMX let me know!
Here is a pic of my son last year when he was 8 at the PA MX course.
He races BMX...

Attachments