Quantcast

Look What Santa Brought For Meee!!

khoolhandz

Chimp
Jul 27, 2006
I LOVE SURREY

Went for a Christmas day ride to test it out and it's awesome.

Suspension is very supple and it gobbles and eats up everything. I have to say that I like how this bike rides than the IH Sunday I replaced. Perhaps the IH Sunday wasn't for me (I like to plow than to finesse). Perhaps the same reason why I replaced my Commencal Supreme DH with the IH Sunday.

I felt at home with the Yeti 303 on the first run down. Reminds me of the Foes DHS Mono I had two seasons back. They actually do ride alike!

2007 YETI 303

THIS RIDE: 1.5 km
TOTAL RIDE: 1.5 km
FRAMESIZE : Small
BIKE WEIGHT: 45.0 Lbs
FORK: Fox 40RC2
SHOCK: Fox DHX 5.0 with Ti 400# Spring
Brakes: Juicy Carbon Front and Rear, 203mm front, 160mm rear
Rims: Mavic 729 Front / Alexris Supra-BH Rear
Hubs: Chris King ISO 20mm front / Formula 150mm x 12mm rear
Tires: Maxxi Minion Fronts (front and rear)
Tubes: Standard 26" front / Puncture-resistant 26" rear
Shifter: SRAM X.0
Derailleur: SRAM X.0
Cogset: SRAM X.0 with 9 speed 12-26T
Cranks and BB: FSA Maximus 165mm
Ring: 36T Envy
Guide: E13 SRS
Seatpost: Axiom Generic 27.2mm
Seat: Selle San MArco Ponza
Grips: ODI Lock-on
Stem: Truvative Holzfeller 31.8mm x 40mm long with 25.4 shims
Handlebar: Easton Monkey Lite CNT, 28" wide

Front tire: 23 psi
Rear tire: 25 psi

FOX DHX 5.0:
9.5" x 3.00" Stroke
SPRING: 400 LB
PRELOAD - 0 turn (To achieve 30% sag)
REBOUND: 7 clicks

PROPEDAL: 4 clicks

BOOST PRESSURE: 100psi

BOOST SETTING: 0 TURN

2007 FOX 40RC2:
Travel: 8" setting
Oil: Lube bath Dura-Lube
High Speed Compression: 0 Clicks from full out
Low Speed Compression: 0 Clicks from full out
Rebound: 6 clicks from Full out
Preload: 0 clicks from full out

2007 YETI 303 FRAME SMALL

Headangle: 64.00 degrees
BB Height: 14.50"

Chainstay length: 17.625"
Fore Seat to Handlebar: 15.50"
Seatpost with Seat Angle: -2 degrees
Wheelbase: 44.75"
Front Axle to Handlebar: 31.00"
BB to Topseat: 22"

Dreyzar

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
Santa Cruz
That's a real sweet-looking bike. Also, way to give every imaginable lit bit of information about it. It really interests me that you specify tire pressure so specifically. Is that exactly-two-psi difference something you insist upon?

khoolhandz

Chimp
Jul 27, 2006
I LOVE SURREY
That's a real sweet-looking bike. Also, way to give every imaginable lit bit of information about it. It really interests me that you specify tire pressure so specifically. Is that exactly-two-psi difference something you insist upon?
Thanks. Yes that's exactly how I want my tire pressures are set-up. I do pump them up to 30psi front / 35psi rear on rocky dry fast open sections.

Kinda look too tech-geekie but I've been doing this since my racing days. Give's me an idea on how my bike feels and how to set-up a new bike when I get a new one.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
look like a good ride.

the tech inside of me though has to say something to you though. get ride of the stem or the h-bar spacers or the h-bar. the setup that you have now is creating a large amount of stress in the "bend" of the h-bar and might end up causing it to break. just a thought

oh yeah btw "lucky bastard"

khoolhandz

Chimp
Jul 27, 2006
I LOVE SURREY
look like a good ride.

the tech inside of me though has to say something to you though. get ride of the stem or the h-bar spacers or the h-bar. the setup that you have now is creating a large amount of stress in the "bend" of the h-bar and might end up causing it to break. just a thought

oh yeah btw "lucky bastard"
Thanks. I think it's better since the clamping force is distributed to wider area so I don't need to torque the bolts as much (only torqued it to 50 in-lbs). The clamp/spacer is not in the S bend area so I don't see why it would create stress. Perhaps you can enlighted me?

is that two computers on your bike i see?....and a picture of your family?
Yep those are two computers and my family pic. A wireless bike computer on the fork crown and a lap timer on the handlebar.

Sick bike !
I'm guessing at 45# weight it doesn't feel heavy unless it's flat & pedally?
It only feels heavy lifting it, and surprisingly it pedals very well for a 45-pounder. To be honest, I felt that it pedals better than the IH Sunday I had previously (which I never really gotten used to riding).

I got a 575 would love to have a 303.
Unless your in Canada get rid of that decal
Awesome bike, congrats
Yes I am in BC, Canada...hence the maple leaf.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
that looks so fun. santa brought me a bike too, not quite a 303 though, just a bmx, but it's still sick.