The Cleft of Venus
WTF..???
:mad:

Look what they did to the wabbit
ADAM NICHOLS | 17 Feb | DAILY NEWS

Bugs Bunny's new look.

The old-school Bugs

What's up with Bugs Bunny, Doc?

The carrot-chomping smart aleck is making a comeback - as a futuristic, slimmed-down superhero.

The extreme makeover also revamps Bugs' buddies Daffy Duck, Road Runner, Tasmanian Devil and Wile E. Coyote in an attempt to charm young audiences with old favorites. But the changes have Looney Tunes fans hopping mad.

"It's just not Bugs Bunny," said Washington Heights resident Andrea Diaz, 36, looking at images of the new Bugs. "If they're going to make him so different, why not just come up with a new character?"

The new-look characters star in "Loonatics," slated to hit the WB television network on Saturday mornings this fall. Set in the year 2772, the heroes are descendants of the original favorites.

"This new generation shares the same DNA and sharp-edged wit as their Looney Tunes forefathers, and that's where the similarities end," Warner Bros. said in statement.

But Lisa Lopez, 26, a Brooklyn resident who works for a car hire company, said, "That's some makeover. I recognize them, but only just. They look robotic. I'm not sure I like it at all."

"Looney Tunes is outdated," said Robert Katz, 28, a dog walker from the lower East Side. "But they shouldn't take classic characters and try to change them. Come up with something new."

Fast facts

Bugs was created in 1938 by Ben (Bugs) Hardaway, then fully developed by Tex Avery.

The carrot-munching star was modeled after cigar-chomping Groucho Marx.

Bugs debuted in the 1938 short "Porky's Hare Hunt."

He first asked "What's up, Doc?" in the 1940 short "A Wild Hare."

More than 150 Bugs Bunny cartoons have been made.

Mel Blanc, the voice of Bugs, says he used a cross between a Bronx and Brooklyn accent.​

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
dh girlie said:
That sucks like nothing has ever sucked before...what is wrong with kids today that they can't enjoy the friggin old bugs bunny cartoons...those cartoons are hysterical. Damn...that bugs looks LAME as hell.
Agreed. The new Bugs looks well, nothing like Bugs. They shouldn't even associate the new with the old. I'm sure there will be nothing clever about the new one either. So lame.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Dogboy said:
Agreed. The new Bugs looks well, nothing like Bugs. They shouldn't even associate the new with the old. I'm sure there will be nothing clever about the new one either. So lame.
Man there were some GREAT looney tunes cartoons...even the ones without bugs and daffy and the gang...there was this one...where this dog had a cat and a mouse and the cat actually belonged to several different houses. The dog would give the cat the mouse and he would go to each house and show the owners the mouse...the owners would say good cat...and give him a steak, but the cat had to give the steak to the dog. The dog would always say...WHAT...NO GRAVY! and bitch slap the cat with the steak. Then he kept the cat from going to any of the houses for a while and all the houses posted reward posters for the cat...the dog returns the cat to each house and he gets all this money so he buys a butcher shop. He overeats in the butcher shop and they show him on a table at the vet...and they say oh it's just a case of overeating...and they leave the room, and the cat and mouse come in with a BIG can of gravy and a funnel...and the cat says...this time...we didn't forget the GRAVY! HAHAHAHA!

J

JRB

mack said:
So whats the difference of a bronx and brooklyn accent? There like 5 miles appart.
Well, there and they're are pretty close in the dictionary and mean two different things. I am sure you see what I mean. :think:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
myeh what's up doc?

i wonder if the term "what's up?" is being used so commonly today and for years really, is a result of being the tag line from Bugs. i bet it is....
They've been re-doing Bug's cartoons unsuccesfully for years, they'll never be able to re-capture the old magic from the original creators of Looney Tunes, basically because they're all dead. So with that i say, let em do whatever, since it's WB anyways, a big corporation, they're gonna wanna try to make a buck off of it. Maybe they'll succeed into bringing another generation into liking all the characters, then discovering the original tunes later in life, which were always directed towards adult entertainment anyways.

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
Garth: Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?
Wayne: No... No!
Garth: Neither did I. I was just asking.

I love that movie.

The Cheese

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
dwaugh said:
Why cant the little kids enjoy the old cartoons? Is there a DVD of the complete works of Loony Tunes? I'd buy it.
There a few DVD collections out there. We have one set, but wifey doesn't get the 2nd set until she watches the first.