Quantcast

Lookie what I found today...

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
With lots of us running no front brakes the "clean" hub has been an issue of interest and discussion. I was at a local bike swap today and found this little jem. Ringle Boxxer hub, 32H, laced but never ridden (seriously, not a speck of dirt on it). The best part, no disk tabs.

I'm not sure if I want it yet or not but I'm just tossing it out there and if anyone is interested hit me up with a PM

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
Grom-dom has been running one of those for awhile... as well as Ben on his USB working class hero... but he doesn't post here much.

very nice find... old school comes back to rock the new school.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Nice find.

Where is this swap meet? I'd like to check it out if it's not too far.

Madison. Alliant Energy Center.

Along with a couple pieces I needed for a build, I also found this little bit of history. I have NO use for it other than to hang on the garage wall, but it takes me back to the overkill days of Shinburgers and Monster T's! :D

Attachments

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
had one of those on the original boxxer that i got at a swap meet way way back in the day. wish i had kept it. they go for a fair price on ebay. the kore strictly d bars are mad old school. those were so badass back in the day

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Wait.... so a Monster T is...Old school? So I AM cool!
J/k...
But check this out: A guy I used to ride with like 3 years ago(that's not very long ago really) calls me up says he's back into riding again and he's UPDATING his Banshee Scream and wants to step up from 26s to 24s and wants to know if I knew of anyone with some...sh*t you not...24", 3.0 Nokians. He wants 24s and Nokians for his Banshee Scream with a Monster T cuz he wants to get into DOWNHILL.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Hey, I had a monster for a few months BITD, I thought (and still think) its one of the raddest forks out there. I even it ran it on my Evil Imperial for some DH applications (though I kept my tires at a reasonable level, AHEM, Tony, AHEM).

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Hey, I had a monster for a few months BITD, I thought (and still think) its one of the raddest forks out there. I even it ran it on my Evil Imperial for some DH applications (though I kept my tires at a reasonable level, AHEM, Tony, AHEM).
Dude? Dual 24x3.0 Gazzies was just a stage I had to go through. Back off lol.

mosplat

Monkey
Mar 25, 2003
Brooklyn <-> Oakland
haha i STILL have a friend who has his brooklyn park bike setup with an older generation monster T, dual doublewides, 24x3.0 gazzi front, 24x2.6 gazzi back. not to mention shimano airlines, hope m4s, profiles, mrp..

i think he will continue to ride that bike as-is for eternity. like an east coast downhill bike time capsule.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
hahahahaha i hated that stage, everyone of my buddies did it back in middle school/high school and none of them could figure out why they couldnt keep up on the mtn. doublewides+3.0's=8 million lbs compared to d521 and maxxis

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
2002 Monster T = best fork ever made (stickers alone weight 5#s!)

no comment on the gazzies...hope nobody finds a pic of my old morphine :(

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
this little gem is in my hands now, thanks t1. i never did weigh my profile non disc one before it was built up. the boxxer one is 7.2 oz. pretty good, i'm stoked. btw this thing is mint and from 98/99.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
this little gem is in my hands now, thanks t1. i never did weigh my profile non disc one before it was built up. the boxxer one is 7.2 oz. pretty good, i'm stoked. btw this thing is mint and from 98/99.

haha, cool. I inquired to t1 too, but the price was a bit too high for someone who has no need for more parts sitting around.
So, what are your plans for the little revolver?
Seriously trading out the Profile? can't wait to build up my marmoset.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
haha, cool. I inquired to t1 too, but the price was a bit too high for someone who has no need for more parts sitting around.
So, what are your plans for the little revolver?
Seriously trading out the Profile? can't wait to build up my marmoset.
waiting for an alienation rim like you and everyone else. i'm looking to sell the profile when the other rims are available.

roamingoregon

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Wilsonville
I've been running one of those hubs on my bike for quite some time... I was so pumped when I found it- most people don't understand what a cool find it was- let alone notice it.

It's hard to see in this photo but it's there: