Quantcast

Lookin For A Bike

bkbassplayr

Chimp
Nov 23, 2004
Columbia, Maryland
i'm lookin into buyin a new jumping bike that can be used for some urban riding and havin fun out on the trails... something that can take hits and keep up with various types of riding (urban, jumping, and some freeride with a lil cross country thrown in) i am currently looking at the cannondale chase or the kona cowan. if anyone has any suggestions or anything to say about the mentioned bike thatd be awesome. thanx

bigginsr

Chimp
Aug 29, 2004
well, ben seemed to like his a lot. it was a cool bike and he could do some pretty cool stuff on it

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Evel Monkey said:
Bigginsr isn't spamming, just trying to help out a monkey.

The Titan seems like a great deal for the $.

I know this.........Notice the sarcastic smiley next to my statement.

T-Blazer

Monkey
Jun 8, 2004
rochester,ny
Ive sold a number of the kona "cowen" designed jump bikes . The cowen model is kick ass for the 05 complete bike . also a great and inexpensive frame . Jus my 2 cents , good luck

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
you really cant go wrong with most of the newer models of urban bikes. they all are getting ultra low priced and good builds. the chase does have a killer build for the 1100.00 retail price. Soul Cycles is based in flagstaff az. i was riding a p-1 before my soul titan and i liked the titan way better than the p-1. it didnt feel as squatty and small. the geometry is very similar to the evil imperial as well.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
I just rode the base model Chase with V-brakes and a Manitou stance fork, and it was smooth. I like it better than my old P. It's a quality build for the $700 price range. For what it's worth, the new decals look pretty sweet, too. I'd definetly check one out.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
This kid really needs a new bike. Please some help him out. He snapped his bottom bracket bunny hopping LEAVES. haha That took him out of the riding game like a shot to the :nuts:

s dub

Chimp
Nov 9, 2004
kenmore
i have an '03 kona stuff thats pretty much the same geo as the cowan but witout the cool drop outs and giro tabs. complete bike or frame only PM me if your interested.

cowman

Monkey
Oct 17, 2004
Seattle, WA
I have an '05 cowan and it is awesome. That cool gangsta named "s dub" is wrong about the whole geometry thing b/c my cowan is way easier to pull back and manual than that '03 stuff. GO w/ the cowan. Here she is:

offdawalley

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
hella over the rainbow
the soul titan and the cowan are both awesome bikes, I have an 04 Kona Stuff, I love it, but it is sssoooo hard to manuel, and it is a little long for street stuff but really nice for dirt jumping and freeride, consider an 05 P3 too, if I had a choice between the 3 of them, I'd probably pick the soul titan, its got similar geometry to an Imp