Quantcast

Lookin' for a dealer

CA_Descender

Chimp
Nov 18, 2007
Simi, CA
. . . And no, not for any illegal substances but rather a Norco dealer. Anyone know of one say with in 30 or 40 mi of Simi?

I checked the Norco site but found no dealer close by.

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
Your best bet would be to visit your LBS. They can most likely order a norco frame from a company like BTI, or J&B or something like that. We do that all the time at the shop i work at. Also, some shops will order directly from the company itself

CA_Descender

Chimp
Nov 18, 2007
Simi, CA
As far as I can tell and have heard, Norco deals directly with the shops and bypasses the middleman, ie BTI, J&B, etc.

I am waiting to find out from Norco if they will ship a bike to a non-Norco dealer, if so I will ask the LBS if they will help out.

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
usually they will. we order specialized, foes, etc all the time at my shop. Also, even if they dont right now, chances are your LBS has carried Norco at one point in time. Maybe under a different ownership, or something like that. What are your LBS's? Maybe I could help.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
usually they will. we order specialized, foes, etc all the time at my shop. Also, even if they dont right now, chances are your LBS has carried Norco at one point in time. Maybe under a different ownership, or something like that. What are your LBS's? Maybe I could help.
Uh, a company like Specialized does not deal with non-Specialized dealers, particularly if you are in an area full of Specialized dealers, like San Diego.

Small companies like Foes might deal with another shop if there is no dealer in, lets say 25 miles.

Norco is not exactly SRAM derailleurs. I have worked in 5 shops and none of them have carried Norco.

Now your shop might have some connection with another dealer, but not always.

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
My bike shop orders Specialized, and we dont carry them anymore. And, there actually arent a whole lot of Specialized dealers in SD anymore. Only 3 that I can think of. Theyre too hard to carry

CA_Descender

Chimp
Nov 18, 2007
Simi, CA
. . . Also, even if they dont right now, chances are your LBS has carried Norco at one point in time. Maybe under a different ownership, or something like that. What are your LBS's? Maybe I could help.
Not around here. I grew up in the area and not once have seen a Norco in a shop that was not a customers bike. I have seen them out on trail a handful of times in 20yrs of riding here but never on a showroom floor or any mention of the shops carrying them. There used to be a shop or two I believe in the 909 and 714 areas that carried Norco but that was years ago.

Anyways, since I stated looking for a Norco I have had a few shops North of the border and some in N. Cal. offer to ship me one. If it comes down to it, i will just hit up a northern shop when we hit Monterey in April and pick one up then.

Thanks for the offer though.