disc brake
22.5 TT
euro bb although not a requirment

Thanks in advance

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
atomlab trailking/trailpimp/GI all should work well with 24's although they are not specifically made for them only. i ran my trailpimp with dual 24's and it felt good especially with the wheel slammed since you can't achieve that with 26's on that frame. my friend runs the same set up and his feels very dialed. i'd try the trailking.

there's also the DMR trani. those are the few i can think of that are easy to get in the US.

swerve76

Monkey
Aug 30, 2003
nevada
I would have to third the recommendation for a molly or tonic. However, what are you planning to use this new frame for?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
people keep recomending this....
but do we even know when it will be available or how much it costs??
or am i missing some info? :twitch:
Judging from the email i got they seem like they will be fairly $$$ in comparison to the rest of the market, I am going to estimate around $600 but i could be crazy. You get alot of bike with them though, the design is imaculate.

lots of cool stuff out right now.

_Bill

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
Or spend less and get a good deal on an identiti p45, you don't need disc brakes, also mine has teh rebate ridgid but I bet it would ride well with a 60-80mm fork, Ive been meaning to try out my 80mm sherman.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
dobermann if you want discs. Or new Nemesis Project Deathmobile with the 135Xdisc option.
Eastern. Last, if you can get one. I don't know, there may be other options out there but I can't think right now. I haven't been into searching for disc rides lately anyway so I lost touch.

I actually say ixnay on the discs too. I ran BB7 on the rear of my last street bike and it was more hassle than it was user friendly. Now I'm on 990's with my Molly and won't go back. Keep the discs on the downhills. ;)
and don't put 24's on a Mob....

The SuperCo Satellite looks dialed.... but seem to be dirt only, not too street worthy by appearance, but I could easily be wrong.

btw, euro threaded bb = the BUNK, I don't know why you would seek one out....

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
A suggestion , I still hve a few of the 24" specific TerrorBox samples.
I built one of these up as a play bike the other day and was surprised at how my feeling on the higher BB height has changed in the past year , it's a really fun bike for techy street and DJ's !

basikbiker

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Northern Cali
the trails are still rockin, since its rained they could use a lil bit shaving and smoothing out but theyre still good. Ans please if you guys end up driving out there do it with the upmost stealth, theyve been crakin down on that sort of thing and the fines are big. I cant wait till i can ride again, this whole broken jaw thing is really lame.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
What's the Geo on the Terror Box?
From what I can remember they were somthing lke this , I took the Streetfighter geo and madeit a bit more "smoothed over' for the masses you could say , basically slacked the HA out a bit and raised the BB so the bike wasent as twichy as the orignal SF's

71.50 HA
70.50SA
22.00TT
12.50in Seattube
15.50rearend
12.25BB height to ground

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
From what I can remember they were somthing lke this , I took the Streetfighter geo and madeit a bit more "smoothed over' for the masses you could say , basically slacked the HA out a bit and raised the BB so the bike wasent as twichy as the orignal SF's

71.50 HA
70.50SA
22.00TT
12.50in Seattube
15.50rearend
12.25BB height to ground

i have a somewhat off topic Q about the geo on your frames. not trying to hijack the thread or come off offensive at all, but it seems that your frames have longer stays compared to others that are similar. these frames being 24" specific with 15.5" stays for example, while many other 24" specific frames have sub 15" stays. i also remember seeing the geo numbers for a 26" SA a while back and remember the stays being like 15.8" or something, which isn't really much longer then most 26" frames at all, but could be shorter possibly? i guess the SA is more of a do it all frame though, but im sure you get what i mean. just wondering if there is some reasoning behind it especially for the 24" street oriented frames. again not criticizing, just wondering.

back on topic, one of these would probably be one of my top choices..

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
i have a somewhat off topic Q about the geo on your frames. not trying to hijack the thread or come off offensive at all, but it seems that your frames have longer stays compared to others that are similar. these frames being 24" specific with 15.5" stays for example, while many other 24" specific frames have sub 15" stays. i also remember seeing the geo numbers for a 26" SA a while back and remember the stays being like 15.8" or something, which isn't really much longer then most 26" frames at all, but could be shorter possibly? i guess the SA is more of a do it all frame though, but im sure you get what i mean. just wondering if there is some reasoning behind it especially for the 24" street oriented frames. again not criticizing, just wondering.

back on topic, one of these would probably be one of my top choices..
The serch function is your friend ,this has already been explained a few times in this fourm .

Here's the link explained on the second page of this thread:
Click here

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
monkey's cant listen, disc brakes- i want em i like the feel.
I was the same way untill I realized how much larger your frame selection is if you just suck it up and deal with v brakes. Same goes for the euro bb (and if you have a nice set of euro cranks you can always get reducers like I did).

Or if you really care that much throw down and get the best riding 26" (Im sure it'd fine with 24s as it has a 15.4" cs length) I've ever been on. I rode one with 26s and could bunnyhop higher than I can on my 24" ridgid, it was amazing.

edit: heh forgot to link to the actual bike--

http://www.geekhousebikes.com/wormtown.html

As an added bonus geekhouse is outta boston!