Quantcast

Lookin for ride buddy: Freeridin' Upstate NY

SarahMaria

Chimp
Nov 24, 2003
Santa Cruz, CA
Hi,

I'm visiting my Grandma in Hamilton all week, and Sunday 22 through Thurs 26 I can go riding - I also plan on going up to the Adirondacks for a Day trip in the middle of the week. (Can anyone tip me on a good ride in the adirondacks? ) Very flexible.

SO would anyone like to ride with me? I don't mind driving an hour to a good place. Sadly, I have family commitments Sat so I can't ride Platekill on Sat.

Style: Freeide, downhill, urban and skatepark. I'll even do a little cross country if it's super technical. Any of those would be awesome. Anytime - day or evening. Love urban riding - plan on hitting campus.

I won't have computer access so reply and I'll Pm you my cell.

Later, Sarah :cool:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
SarahMaria said:
Hi,

I'm visiting my Grandma in Hamilton all week, and Sunday 22 through Thurs 26 I can go riding - I also plan on going up to the Adirondacks for a Day trip in the middle of the week. (Can anyone tip me on a good ride in the adirondacks? ) Very flexible.

SO would anyone like to ride with me? I don't mind driving an hour to a good place. Sadly, I have family commitments Sat so I can't ride Platekill on Sat.

Style: Freeide, downhill, urban and skatepark. I'll even do a little cross country if it's super technical. Any of those would be awesome. Anytime - day or evening. Love urban riding - plan on hitting campus.

I won't have computer access so reply and I'll Pm you my cell.

Later, Sarah :cool:

upstate NY is a BIG place....what city will you be near?

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
You'll be pretty close to plattekill. PM me When you want to go. I'm down for most any sunday.

SarahMaria

Chimp
Nov 24, 2003
Santa Cruz, CA
Thanks for the replies. Like I said before, I only want to drive about an hour during the week (bcz it's an 8 hour drive to Grandma's and I'll be sick of the car) hour half max. So, any good rides in that big circle area?

As for Platty, I don't know if I'll be free Sunday bcz my whole entire maternal side family is going to be there that weekend- so I'll try to get ahold of a computer and pm you, Lexx, if I am free. Yeah, sucks its only open weekends bcz I'm jonesin to check it out.

Vroom vroom!

SArah

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
I'm visiting my Grandma in Hamilton all week
Hamilton is pretty much in the middle of nowhere. You will be limited to urban or x-c in that area. Most of the x-c isn't that technical, but hilly and rooty. Closest to Hamilton would be Stony Pond, but it's pretty tame. Maybe a little further try Highland Forest or Morgan Hill. Linky

If you are willing to drive to Syracuse, (under an hour) you can do some really tech x-c at Skytop or Splitrock. I have been to splitrock, and it's nice stuff. Haven't been to Skytop, but hear a lot of it has been closed?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Binghamton isn't all that far from Hamilton - probably an hour and a half ish. Not sure if there's much free riding around as it's not my thing, but there's plenty of XC. Jones Park, Oakley Corners, Jenkville, Chenango Valley, Killer Hill...

SarahMaria

Chimp
Nov 24, 2003
Santa Cruz, CA
Thanks for replying. Once I got to Hamilton, I didn't have convenient internet access...and I ended up spending the whole time with my family anyhow. But I appreciate all the tips on riding spots.

Sarah