Quantcast

Looking at a SE x DC PK RIpper. Sizing help needed...

Jul 1, 2006
Chicago
I'm 5'11" with a 32" inseam. If anyone has ridden one that fits well, and is around my height, let me know. I'm guessing a 56cm works.

I grew up with PK Rippers, and it looks like a fun bike.

Thanks guys,

Chip

Dethklok

Monkey
Jul 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Hey i dont mean to put down your decision of bikes, but if you are looking to get into tricks Ide forget the ripper and look into some other brands. I have heard horror stories about them and customer service is not that great. Im not sure what their reputation was before but theyre now just a run of the mill ebay brand bike.

for about the same price or maybe a little more Ide build a Volume thrasher, NS analog, All-City Dropout, and theres a couple more.

fixed gear freestyle frames have a pretty different geometry and they will still very brand to brand since they each use geometry. I ride a 54cm on a traditional rode bike, but a trick frame Ide be riding a 47-50cm (depending on the specific frame)

Jul 1, 2006
Chicago
Hey i dont mean to put down your decision of bikes, but if you are looking to get into tricks Ide forget the ripper and look into some other brands. I have heard horror stories about them and customer service is not that great. Im not sure what their reputation was before but theyre now just a run of the mill ebay brand bike.

for about the same price or maybe a little more Ide build a Volume thrasher, NS analog, All-City Dropout, and theres a couple more.

fixed gear freestyle frames have a pretty different geometry and they will still very brand to brand since they each use geometry. I ride a 54cm on a traditional rode bike, but a trick frame Ide be riding a 47-50cm (depending on the specific frame)
Just looking for a fun get around bike, nothing for tricks.

Chip

brendellajet

Chimp
Mar 27, 2011

f
I think thats putting it a little harsh(ebay comment) SE still makes a quality bike, IMO. I have two of them for myself(each under 5 years old), and my boy tears it up on one at the race track. Lots of people "hear" stories about all kinds of bikes, some good, some not. Its a little unfortunate that they are selling out the PK Ripper name, as that is clearly not a PK. My Floval Flyer gets hucked a lot and it keeps coming back. If thats what you want, Id buy it.

Dethklok

Monkey
Jul 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
fair enough Im glad they have lasted for you, I dont mean any disrespect but I have not heard very good reviews from some riders I know and trust their opinion, and I know every frame can brake under the right conditions Ive seen too many posted about newer SE's. To me I would rather check out other companies like volume, all-city, etc