Quantcast

Looking at a XB

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
I found a 2005 Xb scion with 7,000 miles yesterday at my local Honda dealer, I am close to trading in my mini Van, any thougts on the Xb? I will be using for work (I travel about 120 miles a day) and hauling my bikes....

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Go for it! My mom has one and I've driven it. It's actually super roomy for its size, the front seat has soooo much room. Honestly it's roomier than our Volvo station wagon.

That said, it's a Toyota and therefore will never break. It has a little engine though so I don't know how it would handle big hills with bikes and gear.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Greyhound said:
Don't listen to the asshats that whine about the boxy shape. I'd drive one in a heartbeat. They look like they would be a lot of fun to drive. Go for it.
Japanese minimilism rocks!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I brother-in-law bought one last year and he loves it. He installed a hotshot NOS kit to make it a little more peppy and says the gas milage is great.

I saw one at Portland International Raceway a while back that was a demo car from Phoenix Gold. I was blown away by how much room was in there when it looks small.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
Capt. Jack Sparrow said:
Uf, but are xBs 4-wheel drive? It seems like their ground clearance is so low you'd have to make sure there's a parking lot where you're biking! Many Honda Elements are.
I checked out The Element, thats why i was at a Honda dealer. but for almost $6500 less it was a great alternative, and yes we actually have paved road in Arkansas........

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
MunkeeHucker said:
just figured out it will save me $125 in gas a month, going to get her now...
Good choice. I think they are ugly as hell, but I have a couple friends that own one, and they are a very nice ride, especially around town. I have a preference for stick and AWD Subaru, but Toyotas are great cars too. I will never again buy a Honda.